Chapter 13

---Lance's POV---
I woke up from yet another nightmare that left me with the feeling of dread. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something dash away.
"Shiro?" I questioned as I stood up to follow the figure. The person sped up faster and I was lost.
"Hey! Slow down!" I yell, "Where'd you go?"
I had no clue where I was and the person I was chasing after has disappeared.
"Hey, guys very funny now can you please stop." I said in a panicked voice. Yet, nothing happened.
They left you here to rot away. They hate you so much that they want you to die alone and forgotten.
Please no. Please stop. Shiro wouldn't do that to me.
"Shiro most definitely did..." A familiar male voice called out.
It can't be. There is no way.
"Y-you're d-d-dead."
But he's still here.
"Then how am I here?"
"Y-you're not r-real Lotor!" I yell as I fall to my knees.
"Wrong. This isn't real. Did you really think you killed me? Me, Zarkon's heir that he has personal trained himself. I've learned the arts of torture and have create a few of my own. Besides in what world aside from a fake one would Team Voltron ever truly accept you. Hm?" Lotor's hand wrapped around my throat and he lifted me off of the ground.
"This one is a personal favorite where you spiral into madness unable to identify what's real and what's not." Lotor licked his lips as he pulled me closer. A seductive smile blossomed across his face.
"Oh, how I have missed you." Lotor's lips crash against mine.
This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. This can't be real.
Tears were streaming down my face and my whole body stifled up as I felt the water slid down my scarred cheeks.
I can't breathe. Please. Someone. Anyone. Help. I'm drowning.
Lotor pulled away and frowned.
"You want proof that I'm real. Then let me fix your fear of water." Lotor snapped his fingers and instantly I could breathe again and I no longer felt like I was always drowning.
"T-thank you." I whisper out breathlessly. I focused on the floor.
"It's so cute when you're polite. You're welcome. But that's never going to happen again. I'll be back soon, my pet." Lotor said.
When I looked up he was no where.
---Shiro's POV---
I left the room to go get some water. I didn't want to wake Lance so, I just left him to sleep.
"Hey, Shiro. Long time no see." A voice called out to me.
"Hm? Oh, Keith is that you?" I ask as I finish my water.
"'Course it is. Who else is awake at this hour?" Keith said. His Texan was showing. I smiled to myself.
"Well, how have you been?" I ask.
"I've been good. I manage to make it to Level 27 in training this morning." Keith bragged.
"Wow! That's awesome Keith." I congratulate him. Keith then bit his lip before hesitantly asking,
"How's Lance?" I sucked in a breath.
"He's...he's been better. Speaking of which do you mind coming with me to check on him?"
"No, not at all."
We walked in silence the rest of the way. When we reached the door to my room. Both of us took steps back.
"Lance? Lance, buddy where are you?" I ask the empty room. I walked around in circles.
This isn't happening again. Lance probably wandered off. For food or looking for me. Right? Yeah. Right. He's somewhere in the Castle. This huge, ginormous, castle where anyone could get lost in.
"I'll notify Allura. Then we can start searching the castle for him." Keith told me pulling me out of my thoughts. I nod my head and watch as Keith leaves and I start rooming towards the kitchen.
"Lance? Are you here?" No reply.
"Dammit Lance, where are you!?"

---Lance's POV---
"Guys! GUYS! I found him!" A male voice yelled out but, I was staring at the spot Lotor was just standing.
"Hey, Lance," The voice murmurs,
"Whatcha' doing all the way down here?"
"K-Keith?" I question.
"Yes buddy?" Keith said kneeling down.
"D-did y-you s-see him?" I ask looking up at him but, my vision blurred with tears.
"See who?" Keith murmured as he sat right next to me. I grabbed onto his arm.
"P-please d-don't k-kid l-l-like t-that. Y-you s-s-saw Lotor, r-right?" Right?
"I'm sorry Lance. I didn't see Lotor."
he didn't see him. he didn't see him. he didn't see him. he didn't see him.
"Lance?" Another male voice called out to me.
"Sh-Shiro? D-did y-you s-s-see him? Please t-tell m-me you saw h-him." My voice sounded child like.
"I'm sorry Lance but, I don't know who you're talking about." Shiro said quietly.
"Lotor."
"Lance, Lotor is dead." Shiro said hesitantly.
"B-b-but I saw him. I saw him." I was hysterical. I scrambled away from Keith and Shiro and backed away into a corner.
Wait, this isn't real. Lotor created them. This isn't real. But it is?
"This isn't real!" I yell.
"Lance, this is real. Lotor isn't real." Shiro said softly but, firmly.
"Well Lotor says the same thing about you." I mutter out.
Is this real? Why would Lotor create a world like this though? This isn't real? This is real?
I was hyperventilating.
"Is this real?"
Wait, there is a way to test if what Lotor said is true...
I stand up and bolt away. I have to find a bathroom. Shiro and Keith were shouting after me but, I blocked them out.
I need to find water.
Somehow, I stumbled into a room and rushed towards the bathroom. Fiddling with the shower lever I turned on the water. I was standing right beneath the shower head. The water was running down my body. And...and...
Nothing.
No hysteria, no feeling of drowning, not a single thing.
I fell to my knees.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?" I scream and scream and scream and scream.
Until everything slips away.
-
When I woke up I noticed that I was standing and resting against someone. I rubbed my face into the strong chest.
"Shiro?" I ask sleepily not bothering to open my eyes.
"Guess again." A voice said and I snapped awake instantly. I tried to pull away but, the arms holding me pressed me against his chest tighter.
"NO! Nonononono-"
"Stop that. Or else I'll put you back into the chamber again. And you can go back to screaming like a madman." He threatened.
"Lotor l-let go of me." I begged.
"No. I don't trust you to stand on your own. I also don't think you're going to be awake for much longer. How about we just go to bed? Hm?"
My body went lax into his arms. He's so warm.
"Alright." I whisper.
"Good boy." Lotor praised me and then picked me up bridal style. I fought to stay conscious but, I hand was placed over my eyes forcing them shut.
"Sleep Lance." Lotor whispered.
And I did just that.