Reunion

Edited by va_in_the_moon13

Nathaniels (POV)

"I had a great time with you last night Saige...and I was wondering........would you like to be my girlfriend?"

'Ugh! Why am I such an idiot?' I ask myself. I had such a great time with Saige yesterday besides the fact of me chickening out when I tried to ask her to go steady, and here I am making a fool of myself; just practicing asking her out.

As I rant to myself, I don't notice when the door to my study opens. "You know what, I've been wondering the samething as you too." Says a male voice in amusement. I turn around.

"I thought of eight different reasons so far about your question, care to make it nine?" Says Julio with a huge grin on his face.

"What's up Julio?! It's been so long." I say as I walk to his a waiting arms for a hug.

"I know right, it's been ages since we last met my brochacho." He says as he engulfs me in a friendly hug that smells faintly of...peaches?

"I thought I was suppose to pick you up Friday?" I ask, taking a step back.

"Well, I lied! I wanted it to be a surprise, so here I am!" He exclaims in his usual peppy tone. "So, a girl has finally made you speechless." He says slyly.

"How much did you hear?" I groan, embarrassed, which I was able to cover up with a serious expression.

"Oh my Juliet you are the sun and I am your knight in stunning armor, oh please hold me?" Julio says as he hugs himself while making kissing noises.

"Yeah yeah, at least I can find myself a girl unlike your dating record ace."

And with that his giggling dies down and is replaced with a scowl.  "Shut the heck u-"

"Whatever, let's forget about girls for today and focus more on my two bro cha-cho's."

"Well since your welcome back party was suppose to be on Friday after picking you up from the airport, I got nothing planned for tonight." I say, a bit grumpy.
"Aww, I'm so flattered you were throwing me a surprise party." He says as he wipes away fake tears from his eyes and I just roll mine. "Anyways you know that even if you the me that party I hate being center of attention, so when you bring the cake out I'll already be out."

"And when you try I'll get two security guards bigger than you to be right next to you so you can't move." I joke.

"Alright alright, man when did you become so bossy?" He whines, crossing his arms childishly.

"Since the day I took over." I say crossing my arms, slightly leaning on my desk.

"A lot had changed since I last left, hasn't it?" He sighs, sobering up.

"Yeah, a lot has...but what can I say, things happen when you leave for four years."

"You know I had to go."

"Yeah I know, all my close friends have been doing that lately, but I'm still trying to figure out why?" I ask, mostly to myself.

"Man, when the time comes for you, you'll get that feeling that tells you to jump and you just want to take that leap." He says, his eyes getting that dreamy look again.

"How did you become so serious all of a sudden?" I ask half-jokingly.

"No one knows." He replies with a chuckle.

"So, what do you want to do tonight?"

"I wanna catch in what's happened these past years while I was gone and to start off, how about all three of us head to a club. No girls, no talking to girls, just the three of us."

"You got dumped again, didn't you."

"Well would you look at the time, I got to go unpack." Julio exclaims, darting out of the room. I chuckle and shake my head at my best friend's antics.

Me Julio and Alex were great friends growing up and I was so sad when he had to leave.

                      ************

Julio Ace Vincenzo.
His mother's Hispanic and his dad American. We were instantly friends when we met in elementary school. We always did everything together. In his eyes we were the three amigos; me, him and Alex. We were inseparable, but through college he went through some tough times and decided he wanted to travel and become a writer. He did fulfil his dreams and became an amazing author, but he never really explained to me why he did what he did. He always use to say "You only get one shot at life. So, instead of hiding from it, be out in the open and search."
He would always be an idiot, but when it counted, he was there when you needed him. Man, I wish I had him during the Jade incident.

                    **************

A few hours later

After Julio left, I called Alex up. He was delighted that Julio came and agreed to go to a bar tonight with us.

After the conversation with him ended, I decide to get some work done and now, here I am. I decided to give Saige a call. I haven't talked to her all day.

*ring*

"Hi Nate!" She says in her peppy voice.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm great you?"

"Awesome." Now that you're here, I mentally add.

"So why'd you call?"

"Oh well I wanted to say I had a great time yesterday." I scramble, realizing that I did not actually plan this.

"Oh same here." She giggles. My heart stutters at the musical sound.

"I'd like to go out again soon, you know, if you're free?" I ask.

'Yeah definitely!" She says all cheery and makes a smirk appear on my face.

"Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that, I'm going to the bar with my friend today."

"Oh? I thought he was coming on Friday?" She asks in confusion.

"That's what he told me, but I forgot how much of an idiot he is...showing up randomly..." I shake my head at Julio's habits.

"Oh so, is the party over?" She asks.

"No it isn't, I just wanted to talk to you." I say and am immediately curse myself for being a bigger bumbling idiot than Julio.

"O-Oh, well I'm glad you called." She mumbles and I can somehow tell she's blushing on the other end.

"Well, I have to go now, my friends waiting for me. She wants to take me shopping." She mutters, while exaggerating on the word shopping.

" Oh well, have fun." I chuckle and she replies with a, 'You too.'

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow, bye."

"Bye."