Chapter 24

"Welcome, Alice!" 

Yes, welcome!  No.....no....leave........please! I held my head, trying to block out the voice, but it kept coming back and back, always repeating its message. David was watching me the whole time while I was trying to stop the voice. When I couldn't take any more, I curled up, regardless of my surroundings. I was curled up on the ground for what seemed like hours, until I realized someone was trying to tell me something. Not the voice, but someone's voice. 

"Alice? Alice, wake up! Are you alright?" I stood up, and I felt the cold getting to me all of a sudden. "Alice, what happened?" Patrick asked me, his green eyes full of worry. 

"I-I........." I looked up at him. "I think I'm going insane, Patrick. He's getting to me. I can't allow that to happen, b-but it is!" My voice quivered. I started sinking again, but Patrick pulled me up. 

"Alice, you can't let him get to you! That can't end well" You'll...........You could end up like him." he whispered that last part. I stared at him in shock, because I just realized that, if I go insane, even if it isn't guaranteed, I might end up killing people. A tear slipped down my cheek.

 "I-I don't want to end up like him, Patrick. I don't want to!" I started crying. 

"Look, let's take you to yo- no, maybe I could show you who's house I'm staying at? I'm not sure if you know them, though." I tried to stop crying, successfully, and I thought about it. 

"Alright." I smiled. He did, too. We were walking down a path that seemed oddly familiar to me, I didn't know why, though. We came to a house, and I instantly recognized it. "This........this is Tara's house!" 

"Tara?" 

".........Didn't I tell you about her?" He shook his head. I missed Tara. I hope she's having a nice time in L.A.. We walked in, and Patrick immediately announced himself. Tara's mom came into the hallway, and his eyes widened when he saw me. 

"Patrick, who's that? Why have you brought someone like that into the house?" he asked, not recognizing me. 'Someone like that', that hurt. Another thing that Patrick oh-so-gratefully bestowed upon me. My best friend's own mother doesn't recognize me. 

"I-It's me, Mrs. Edwards. Alice?" I asked, hoping that she'd recognize me. She did, apparently. 

"W-what happened to you? Did you get involved with something you shouldn't?" He asked. I shook my head. 

"I-I got kidnapped. I escaped though." 

"Oh, you poor thing! Are you alright? Does it hurt? Did you get it checked out?" I made a mental note to ask mom if we should get it checked out. I shook my head at her last to questions. 

"I'm alright, though. Honestly!" Patrick coughed, and I kind of realized that he was still there. 

Oh, why don't you two go to Patrick's room? I'll make you something to drink!" I was about to protest, but she was already gone. 

"Sorry for ignoring you there for a bit." I apologized. 

"It's alright. Now, should we go?" I nodded. He led me to what the Edwards' usually called the 'guest room'. I guess he's occupied that room. Inside, it was pretty tidy, but there were some drawings scattered around. I recognized them as sketches of Creepypasta. There was also a poster on the wall, of a band I don't think I've heard about. 

 "So, this is what you do in your free time?" I asked, pointing at the drawings. He shrugged. I took one of them, and recognized him as Slenderman. "I STILL THINK SLENDY'S BETTER THAN JEFF!" I shouted in Patrick's face. 

"But Jeff is more awesome!" he whined. 

 "Slenderman actually has a story! Jeff just kills people!" 

"So what? He's still more awesome!" I saw another drawing, that looked a bit like Link. "Who's that?" 

"That's.......BEN Drowned. He haunts a Majora's Mask game. He was a really good player, but he drowned at some point in his life. Some theories state that the guy who gave him the game drowned him, some say they took his eyes, and so on." 

"Oh, wait, we read his story! There's also some Moon Children theories, right?" He nodded, then went on his computer. 

"Come on, let's go on Cleverbot!" I laughed. It's been a day and I'm already testing every single piece of shit connected to Creepypasta. What's next? Burning my eyelids off? I sat down next to him. He already loaded the page. 

"What should we ask him?" "

Way ahead of you." He said, typing in 'Have you heard of BEN?' We waited a bit until the response came. We froze when it did. 

'No, but I've heard of David.'