Chapter 12

I expected to be at home, in bed, and that all of this was just a fucked up nightmare.....but no such luck. I was still in that room, but I was lying on the floor. I tried to stand up, and, to my surprise,  I could! I was free! My hand suddenly went up to my cheek. No. It's still there. I tried the door. Open? Is he letting me escape, just like that? I doubt it, but.....who knows? I went out, to find myself in a bigger building. I heard a cackling, menacing laugh.

"Yes, you can escape, Alice. Try to find the exit!" I quickly looked around to see where the voice came from, but I only saw a hallway at the far end of the room. I ran towards it, but I suddenly stopped. Something moved. I'm sure of it. I checked behind myself. Nothing. I checked the hallway, and nearly got a heart attack. I don't know why. There was a cute little girl, just standing there. I don't know what it is about little girls that frightens people, but a little girl, in a bloody place like this.....something just seems off about that, doesn't it?

She smiled. "Are you lost, miss?" My eyes just widened. I slowly nodded. "Then follow me. I'll show you the way out." She started walking, and I followed her, as if I was in a trance. I was constantly afraid that she'd lead me somewhere even deeper into this place, but, sure enough, I saw an exit.

"Th-thank you....."

"My name's Sophie, and yours?" This took me aback a bit.

"A-Alice...I'm sorry, I have to go."

She looked a bit sad. "Oh...I thought we could play." I shook my head sadly, then waved goodbye. I exited the building. It was pretty sunny outside. I actually laughed out loud, and spun around in the sun. I didn't think I would see this again. I was in the woods, since the building was pretty isolated. I looked at it, and my breath hitched. In blood, there were the words

"Do you really want to leave Wonderland, Alice?" The building was an asylum....And then I saw it. In the windows upstairs, there were these........figures.....watching me. I spun around, and began running down the path leading away from here. I heard the insane laughter behind me, and sped up. I ran for what seemed like hours until I finally saw it. The city! Finally! I ran and ran until I reached my building. I stopped when I saw a police car there. I slowly walked upstairs, and entered. My mother, Patrick, and a policeman were there. My mother had been crying again.

She stared at me in disbelief, and nearly crushed me into a hug. "Oh my god, Alice! Where were you? I thought you'd left me!" She looked at my face. "A-Alice....what's that on your face?" My smile. My stupid smile.

I burst into tears. "M-mom.....someone took me.....It hurt, mom, it hurt so much...." I looked at Patrick, who was standing behind her. "Wh-what are you doing here, Patrick?" He looked at me in pain.

"Alice, I have to talk to you." I looked confused, but led him into the living room.

"What is it?"

He looked so pained. "I-I....I don't know how to say this....." He looked at me, an intense look in his eyes. "Alice....you know him, right?"

"Yeah, right. He fucked my face up and I have no idea who he is."

"I'll take that as a yes. So, Alice, this guy......I know him. Personally." I was even more confused. "H-how?" "Alice....he's......

.......he's my brother."