That Place

I'm going to that place. I have to, to relax, to calm, to breath. It is a beautiful day and I'm going to sit by the water, in that place, that place where I used to lie. That place beneath the trees overlooking the lagoon and overlooking the river. Secluded and private, yet close to nature even in the city. A place introduced to me relatively recently, a place I grew to love to visit.

I blazed a trail to a special spot. The growth from the summer was all around. I feared it not... Kept my eye out for gators.

As I lie here on my blanket, under the shade, I close my eyes to listen. I could see the sun through the branches. Hear the wind, a distant horn. I hear the crickets, cicadas, and birds. I listen for your foot falls... I know they won't come.

I listen for your breath, but I hear silence. I feel the wind on my cheeks. I wish it were your touch.
I open my eyes to see that this tree is indeed an oak.

This magical place was special to me because you gave it to me. I feel closest to you here. Many amazing moments rest here. Active and free moments of young children simply wanting to be near each other.

The gentle breeze and the shade surrounds me... Only one thing is missing.
A stronger breeze rustles the leaves all around me, the dead leaves litter the ground. I look for you, knowing you will not come.
I hear a splash, it wakes me from my daydream. I see nothing in the water, nothing to cause such a splash. I think about swimming.

I wandered around and found a large heart drawn in the sand. I wonder.

I feel a drop of water touch my eyelid... A kiss from Seraphina?

She was just here. I was laying down trying to relax and I was writing, light journal. This place. I felt her pull. She wasn't here, I lie on my blanket. Dreaming of her.

She showed up, I heard the twigs and underbrush break away.
Is this just in my mind?

We talked, then I felt the need to kiss her... We kissed

It was good.
I missed her so much.

Is this a dream?

I asked her to stay... She just left

How do I even know?This is not the same as invisible hug.

She sat in my lap facing me.

She told me she loves me. Not past tense.I told her the same.

She wanted to know if I was just out in the world loving her that I still loved her.

I asked her why? Then she was gone.