My Crazy Best Friend. Chp 12

Chapter 12

“Cover me. I’m going in.” I whispered to Hulk from my crouched position behind a random desk. I stayed slightly crouched as I slowly left my cover. My gun was cocked and ready to fire at my next victim. Bullets were flying everywhere. Luckily, I was close enough to the ground that all of the bullets were soaring way over my head. I zigged and zagged through the little cubicles. My mission was to find Dude and take him out. I checked behind me to make sure Hulk was still covering me. He was taking out men like no other. It made me wonder what Hulk did before he started working for Ash. This wasn't the time to be thinking about that though. I searched the room for Dude. Where was he hiding? He is a big guy, he can’t be that hard to find.

Just as I was losing hope in my mission, I spotted him. Who would have thought that Dude was a camper? Not me, that’s for sure. He was a few cubicles away. He was crouching in a corner, gun propped up on an office chair in front of him. He would be hard to hit. I stayed hidden behind another desk as I contemplated my options. I needed a bomb ass way to take him out. Then it hit me. I had the perfect way to take him out. I did a few awesome army rolls so I could get closer. The universe was on my side because Dude had his back to me. He was taking a few of my teammates out. I had one desk between him and me. It was now or never. I quickly sprang into action. Hulk was still covering me. I jumped up on the desk. I had two bullets left. I ran across the short desk and leapt off of it. I aimed my gun at Dude’s head at the same time he turned to see me. I pulled the trigger and took him out. The bullet hit him right in the forehead.

“Got you!” I yelled as Hulk took out the last opponent. We high-fived before breaking into a victory dance. “We win!”

“What the hell is going on in here?” Ash bellowed. I shrieked as his voice boomed through the room. As I shrieked, I also jumped and accidentally pulled the trigger on my gun. It hit Ash right in the chest.

“Oops.”

“Alexis,” is the only thing Ash said as he pulled the small velcro Nerf dart off of his shirt.

Everyone in the room quickly stood up and began cleaning up the office. In the heat of our giant Nerf gun fight, a lot of things in the office ended up on the floor. There were papers spread everywhere; across desks and all over the floor. Plenty of desk chairs ended up sideways on the floor. Even a few desks were on their side after being used as cover. Then there were the darts. Little orange and blue velcro Nerf darts were everywhere. I mean everywhere, it would take us weeks to find all of them.

“I’m assuming you want to speak to me in your office.” I tried to act cute and innocent, hoping that maybe he would choose not to yell at me.

“I would say that ‘speak’ is an understatement.” The look he was giving me screamed that I was in deep shit. He gestured for me to go first. I slowly walked past him as I made my way to his office. I looked back at Hulk on my walk of doom. His face also said I was in deep shit. He also looked worried. I wasn't sure if his worry was aimed towards me or the trouble that he was probably going to be in after Ash talked to me. I had to make sure that I took all the blame so Hulk wouldn't be in trouble. I walked through the open door and sat in the comfy client chair. Ash shut the door behind him. Here we go.