A whole different world

Slow updates just so you know, but i'm updating so i'm happy, do you think i should make the story gender neutral? 

Waking a bit up from your trance you saw you were engulfed in some sort of mist, it was really hard to see since you were still groggy from your sudden sleep. You felt the arms you were in become tighter around your small form, then suddenly remembering everything you began to fight at once.

"Hey calm down!" The person yelled making you struggle more, they tried their best but in the end you were able to jump out of their arms. They yelled out something but you could not hear it and soon you saw why. Instead of meeting ground you fell through the mist and you were now free falling into a vast of blue.

You instantly screamed your head off scared for your life, and coming closer to it you saw it was water. You finally were plunged into the ocean making you tense up from the coldness that wrecked your body. Your clothes clung to you as your small legs kicked up and you broke the surface catching your breath.

Kicking with all your might you barely kept your head above the surface, you feared how long you would be able to do this. Then feeling a wave coming you turned to see an oncoming ship. You yelled out frightened it would crush you but you saw it just passed you and stopped, you grasped onto the wood allowing you to stop kicking.

Looking up you saw someone looking down upon you, you then heard them yell something to what you assumed was a crew, and in a quick second a rope lashed down barely missing you. Someone came gliding down and extended their arm for you to latch onto. You accepted quickly feeling better getting out of the water, looking at your savior you were surprised to see yourself grinning at you.

"Now aren't you a cutie." (Realizing now how many you's I'm going to have to write) your other self said snickering.

You looked at her confused, "I'm literally you."

"Yeah I know, I'm just saying we're fucking cute."

"Your not concerned that I'm younger you?"

"Not really we know all about this, and I know you're not really younger us."

"We?" They did not respond as the rope began to reel itself up, you peeked at your older self seeing you looked much different from what you usually looked like. First of all you smiled much more than you liked, and they looked very cool in the uniform that resembled a pirate. 

Finally reaching the deck you saw other versions of yourself, two of them had been placed in barrels which you thought was super weird but further inspection you saw tails and ruled them as mermaids, both had long flowy hair.  

¨Wow, mermaids.¨

One of them lashed around to look at you, ¨Siren, get it right.¨ 

¨Oh it's the kid!¨ The real mermaid said splashing a bit. The mermaid had deep murky grey eyes opposed to her tail that was (Color). The siren on the other hand had shocking yellow eyes which she rolled at the mermaid, her tail but a crisp silver but to your eyes it seemed to change color repeatedly. 

¨Finally!¨ all four of you turned to see someone coming down the stairs of the ship, she had a white suit on and her hair neatly up. ¨I was beginning to wonder if the witch had told us lies.¨

¨Witch?¨ you were gravely confused and probably wouldn't understand until later.