[56]

Mark:

"Are you going to spend Christmas with your family or with Jackson?" Jinyoung asked me while he was drinking his coffee. It was the last day of school before Christmas and I couldn't wait for it to end.

"I don't know. I'm going to call my mom and ask her if I'm allowed to spend Christmas with them. I really want to see my siblings again." I told him after some time of thinking about his question.

I didn't really know with whom I should spend Christmas with. I was still planning everything. Maybe I could spend one day with my family and the other with Jackson and his parents.

I had already bought presents for everyone, even for Jackson. In the beginning, I hadn't known what to get the younger. I wanted to get him something he could need but also something he liked.

It had taken me some days to figure out what I should get for Jackson but now I had the perfect present for him. I got him swimming goggles. Of course, I knew that he already had more than one but this one was special.

They were black with silver lightnings and his name engraved on it. I really hoped he liked them. It meant a lot to me to be able to give Jackson a present. It was a way to thank him for everything.

He hadn't been that nice at first and he had cost me a lot of tears but we were really close now and I was sure that we could become a family sooner or later. Of course, only if Jackson wanted to.

He was a man who enjoyed his freedom and I wouldn't force him to stay with me the whole time. The younger should take the time he needed to figure out what he wanted and we'd see what would happen.

I could hardly imagine that Jackson would become the perfect and cliché-like family-father right away. He would probably need some more time to grow into his role and actually accept that he was becoming a father.

It would mean responsibility for him and although I didn't want to throw things on him, I couldn't exclude him all the time to not "overwhelm" him. We had both been careless and we both had to do our part.

Of course, I knew about his desire to live his youth as long as possible and I wouldn't get in his way but becoming a part-time father wasn't really a solution. But maybe he would realize that on his own sometime later.

I wanted to give him as much time as he needed to figure out what he wanted. He wasn't as dumb as he tended to act and I was convinced that he secretly knew that it needed more than weekly visits.

It wasn't usual for me to tell people what they had to do but this time I couldn't just take what I could get. This was not only about me but about my child who would need and deserve to have a good father.

"I doubt your family won't want to have you there. You're still their son and maybe they have thought about everything a bit and you could move in again." Jinyoung woke me up from my little daydream.

"Maybe. But I don't think I will move in again. I feel good at Jackson's house and it's also better to live in the same house with him because of the baby." I explained what made the younger sigh heavily.

"But living with Jackson? Do you really think it's a good idea? He's still your bully and who knows if he really takes care of her. I'm just worried." The black-haired male stated with a serious look.

I knew he didn't mean it bad. He was just worried that Jackson could go back to his old self again. Jinyoung didn't trust him but sometimes I also had the weird feeling that Jackson didn't trust Jinyoung either.

It was complicated with those two and feared that the future wouldn't be better. They would probably see each other more than they wanted because my best friend would most likely visit me and the baby a lot.

He had promised to help with her although he knew that Jackson also wanted to do this. But well, of course Jinyoung didn't believe the blonde male and that he preferred helping me by himself.

I didn't like it that he still saw the bad guy in Jackson. I admitted that I had trusted him pretty fast in the beginning but the last months had proven that my trust in him wasn't wasted.

He was actually a good guy who could take responsibility and fought for his dreams and the things he wanted to achieve. Even his childish sides weren't unnecessary. He could make me laugh easily.

We had a dynamic and we were working together very well. Jackson was loud, cheerful, funny and optimistic. I was a calm, serious and understanding. We were different but it worked out just fine.

"I know that you're worried but you don't have to be. Jackson changed and he really tries his best to be there for me. Give him a chance." I said softly and placed a hand of my best friend's shoulder.

He bit his lower lip before he nodded slowly. "You know it isn't easy for me to trust someone like him but I'm going to try it for you." The younger said and hugged him happily. I was very thankful.

Not that I needed Jinyoung's trust in Jackson but I wanted to get them along as good as possible and now we were on a good way. My best friend would try it and trust the blonde as good as he could.

I knew that the raven-haired boy had problems to trust Jackson after he had been the one to comfort me when I was crying or patch up my minor injuries whenever things got out of hand. He would need awhile.

But I was sure that he would proof Jinyoung that he could be a good father and that he could trust him without fearing anything. Maybe not today or tomorrow but during the next time.

I didn't want to rush it and I would patiently wait for Jinyound to trust Jackson and for Jackson to fully decide on what he wanted. And hopefully, things would turn out well for all of us.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Thank you for reading! 💙