[41]

Jackson:

"You know you could have told me. I would never pressure you." Namjoon said and I smiled a bit. We had met up after school because he actually wanted to help me with a project for our English class.

"I know you wouldn't but I wanted to do this alone. Mark's pregnancy was a shock and it was better that I made my decision without any influence of someone else. Although you're my best friend" I explained to him.

The project had been done in an hour since both of us were fluent in English. And now I had decided I would tell him that I was going to take my responsibility as a father. It was important for me to tell Namjoon.

I knew how much in bothered him that I hadn't wanted to take care of the baby at first. And I knew what had happened to him and Jin and that's why I wanted to tell him that I was taking care of Mark.

Similiar to JB and Youngjae, Jin and Namjoon had been dating for many years now and some weeks after Namjoon's sixteenth birthday Jin had told him that he was pregnant.

The younger had been shocked but after a long talk they had decided to keep their baby and raise it together. After some months they had just moved in their own apartment when Jin had an accident.

Namjoon and him were fighting over something completely useless stuff which had ended in Jin angrily leaving their apartment. A moment later there was a loud noise. Jin had fallen down the stairs.

Namjoon had called the ambulance but they hadn't been able to help the baby. He had cried the whole night unlike Jin who had never cried because he didn't want his boyfriend to feel more guilty.

Namjoon still felt bad because he had been fighting with Jin and that he hadn't stopped him when he had stormed out the apartment. Of course, it wasn't his fault, it was an accident but he blamed himself.

My friend had been very happy when I had told him that I was going to be there for Mark and his child. He had feared that I was making a similiar mistake but I had promised him that I wouldn't.

Of course, I couldn't promise to protect Mark like Namjoon protected Jin. We weren't dating and we never would but I would try everything to keep him and of course the baby as safe as I could.

"And how do you get along now?" My friend asked. He knew that Mark had officially moved in yesterday. "Pretty good actually. We've talked and I understand his decisions." I told him.

I wasn't really sure if it was good to tell him that I had touched Mark's belly for the first time. This morning the elder had admitted that I had been the first one who had touched it besides him and the doctor.

"That's good to hear. I'm happy that you finally work together and not against each other." He said smiling. "I've never thought that this would be possible." I admitted with a little smile.

I was pretty sure that no one had ever thought that it was possible that Mark and me would ever be able to work together. Especially not when it was about to have and raise an own child with each other.

"I know that you're going to make it. You might not see it but you actually make great friends. You have more things in common than you think and I'm sure you'll be good parents." Namjoon smiled.

It might be that Mark and I could be good friends if we just talked like normal people. But instead I had always yelled at him and he had been too afraid to talk to me. But that would change.

We would live in the same house and I would try to show more interest in the baby and help Mark when he needed it because I knew that he would still grow even rounder and that he would need it.

Well, the only thing I knew about pregnant people was something I learned from my cousin. Never and I really meant never ever call a pregnant person fat. That could be your death.

"I'm pretty sure we can be friends but I don't know if we'll make good parents. We are completely
unexperienced and my mom can't help us forever." I said with a heavy sigh.

I knew that my mother would help us in the beginning but we wouldn't live with her forever and someday we would have to raise the little one alone. No one knew if we were able to make everything right.

"Don't worry. I trust the two of you. You'll know what to do when the baby is born. And if you really feel unsure, someone will always help you. Even if it's just me and Jin." Namjoon placed his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled at my best friend. "Thank you, Joonie. Really, thanks for everything. You've done a lot for me and especially for Mark. You're a great friend." I said and gave him a short hug.

I could be very thankful for someone like Namjoon. He had been there for me although I had been a huge idiot. And he had even taken a part of the responsibility I should have taken. He was more than just a friend. He was a brother.

I didn't remember writing so much fluff and happy moments in this but here we are.

I'm trying to work on an OS I've wanted to write for ages so I might end up forgetting updating this on some days. But it won't be too bad since updating this usually doesn't take that long and I can also do it some time in between.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter 🌸

Thank you for reading 💙