[21]

Mark:

Silence filled the small car and I stared out of the window, completely in my thoughts. The blonde male next to me was driving the car while I could feel his gaze on me whenever the car stopped at a traffic light.

It was dark outside and Jackson had decided to drive me home because he was worried that it wasn't safe to walk through the night. I couldn't stop myself from thinking that this was extremely cute.

He stopped when another traffic light turned red and looked at me. "I know you're afraid but remember what I said. They are still your parents. They'll forgive you." The younger said with a soft voice.

I looked at him and gave him a weak smile which he returned brightly. He had given me so much advice and comfort today. I had never believed that Jackson had something like a good side, too.

He had been my bully for so long and I had never had the guts to stand up against him. And then everything changed when we both drank to much at a party and got very very very close.

The fact that he started to give me the feeling that he actually cared made me feel like Jackson could really be a good father when the baby was born and maybe we could even be friends someday.

The blonde started driving again and focused on the road. I looked out of the window and gulped when I noticed that we were on my road what meant I would be home in less than a minute.

The car stopped in front of my house and I opened the door. "Thank you Jackson. Not only for driving me home. For everything what you've done for me today." I said, giving him a honest smile.

The younger chuckled a bit and leaned back in his seat. "No problem." He said grinning. "Good night Jackson." I got out of the car. "Good night Mark." Was the last thing I heard before I closed the car door.

I looked at Jackson's black car for the last time before I waved him goodbye and opened the door of my house. It was already dark outside so Jackson had brought me home so I wouldn't have to walk in the dark.

I slowly walked in and saw light burning in the living room. My parents seemed to be still awake. And maybe they had even waited for me to come home because we still needed to talk.

"Mark?" I heard my mother's voice coming out of the living room. I sighed deeply and walked into the room where my parents were sitting on the sofa together, both looking at me.

"Where have you been?" My father asked. I sat down in front of them. "I was just out. I needed a break." I admitted and looked down to hide that I was afraid of what could come next.

"We understand that you needed some space but you know that we have to talk about what you have told us today." My mom gave me a little smile to tell me that everything was ok.

"First of all you need to know that I'm so sorry. I've never wanted to do this to you and our family." I quickly said and the older man in front of me shook his head. "There's no need for excuses." He told me.

My dad started to speak again. "So Mark, your mom and I have talked about... well about your pregnancy and although it wasn't easy, we've made a decision." He said with his deep voice, making me gulp.

I was so sure that they would throw me out now. But there was no need to blame them. Our reputation was amazing and I understood that they wanted keep in as good as it was. It would be the right decision.

"We won't throw you out. You can live here together with your child but we will hold our support back a little. We are your parents and we want your best so we think it's good if you learn to do things on your own."

I looked at my dad in suprise. They wouldn't throw me out so I had at least a place to stay. But I also had to do a lot on my own. How should I go to school, earn money and take care of my kid the same time?

"But how should I manage everything?" I asked. "You're not completely alone Mark. Of course, we'll help you a bit and take care of the baby when you're at school." My mom smiled.

"But remember, we won't raise your child. We will just help you to do so. And if you really need more help, you have to ask the father of that child. It's his responsibility, too" My dad said and I nodded.

"Ok. Thank you mom and dad. Good night." I yawned and smiled tiredly. "Good night Mark." My mom answered. I quickly hugged both of them and left the living room to get to bed.

Although the talk was actually ok I still knew my father was completely disappointed in me. I had seen it in his eyes and it made me feel guilty. Hopefully I would at least be able to count on Jackson.

Good evening people!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Thank you for reading 💙