[19]

Jackson:

I was completely confused when Mark threw himself into my arms with tears in his face. It wasn't the first time I saw him in tears but the first time I wasn't the one who made him cry.

He looked so weak and sad that I had decided that I didn't want to make it worse and push him away. Instead, I slung my arms around him and pressed his body against my own while his tears were wetting my shirt.

We had never been so close before and I could feel his small baby bump pressing against my abdomen. I softly stroke his back and felt him relax a bit. His sobs got quieter and his body stopped shaking.

The elder slowly pulled away and looked at me with teary eyes. "I'm sorry." He said quietly. I put my hand on his shoulder. "It's ok. We all need a hug sometimes." I answered calmly, not wanting him to cry more.

He brushed his tears away. "You came because of the jacket right?" He started to open the jacket but I held his wrists. "I just need to key. It's in the left pocket. Keep the jacket." I said softly.

Although I had already seen his tummy before, I could see that he had felt embarrassed when he was about to open the jacket. It wasn't like his was my only black jacket so I just decided that he should keep it.

The brown-haired male gave me my key and looked on the ground. Something must have happened before I came here and it seemed like he had been about to go. It looked like he was about to run away.

New tears left his eyes and I began to feel a bit guilty although it wasn't my fault that he was crying. Mark looked so lost and broken, that it made me feel sorry for him. What had hurt him so much?

I knew that he needed comfort now and I also knew that I was the last person from whom he wanted comfort. "Should I drive you to Jinyoung's place?" I asked softly, making him look at me again.

He shook his head. "Jinyoung is out today." He told me and I nodded a bit. Maybe I should just take him with me. Of course, we weren't close in any way but at least he would get away from here.

"Ok  then come with me. I know you don't want to stay here." I was pretty sure he would say no to my offer but I actually didn't want to leave him alone. He was still crying. I couldn't just leave.

Mark nodded as response and closed the door behind him. I gave him a little smile and together we walked down the streets. Luckily, my house wasn't that far away so it wouldn't take us long.

He didn't say a word but the silence wasn't uncomfortable. The elder needed time to think and I would give him this space. It was ok for me to walk next to him without saying anything as long as he felt comfortable.

I really wondered what had made him cry. That couldn't just have been his hormones. I had heard that pregnant people had mood swings sometimes but my feeling told me that this wasn't the reason for his tears.

I didn't even know if he would talk to me and tell me what happened. It was very unlikely that he would trust me just because I was nice for one time. He had a very good reason to mistrust me. I could understand it.

We finally reached my house and I opened the door to let him in. Mark slowly walked in and I gestured him to go to the living room. He nodded and I went to the kitchen to get us something to drink.

I also thought about that the older might be hungry. My knowledge about pregnancies was not that good but I had already seen his cravings in school when he ate his best friend's lunch after his own.

I took two bottles of juice and box of cupcakes my mum had bought yesterday. Hopefully he would like them. But actually everyone liked cupcakes. Especially babies. No matter if already born or not.

I went back to the living room and watched how Mark sat there, a fluffy blanket around his body. It was extremely cute how he made himself comfortable on the big black couch and I sat down next to him.

I made sure to keep some distance between us so he wouldn't feel uncomfortable. He slowly took one of the cupcakes out of the box and started to eat it what made me smile a bit.

I took a deep breath before I turned around a bit so I was facing the male figure wrapped in the big blanket. "So, what happened? Why did you cry?" I asked softly making him look at me. He bit his lip and really hoped that he would tell me.

Hello!

I hope you enjoyed this little fluffy chapter! The next one is coming soon!

I hope you had/have a good day/night 🌞

Thank you for reading 🖤