The Triforce- Zelda POV

"Eww.."

"Oh gods, that's gross."

"It's not that gross guys."

We all stared at the dead moblin, surrounded by his old possesions. A few vultures were poking around him, eating some crackers that had spilled out of his bag.

"Shoo!" I growled and and ran towards the vultures. They scattered and flew off, cawing. 

Link and Ganondorf slowly walked forward, their noses crinkled. I took a piece of cloth that one of the monsters had ripped from my dress and used it to pick up its bag. It smelled of old leather and stale crackers.

"Well, we should at least look through its bag, right?" I muttered, dumping the bag upside down on the ground. Immediately, the thing that caught my eye was a green jewel with gold surrounding it. I picked it up with my bare hands and inspected it.

"Oh my goddesses." Muttered Ganondorf, picking up an item. "Is this a hookshot? I've only seen drawings. Where did this moblin get this stuff?"

Link was staring at something that was poking out of the rubble. I followed his gaze and saw an old ocarina. It was obviously once very beautiful, but travelling with the moblin must have rubbed it down.

Link picked it up and immediately put it to his lips. I made a sound of protest. There could be discusting germs! But I stopped when I heard the nose he made.

It was haunting, the melody. Ganondorf stopped admiring the hookshot to stare at him.

When Link stopped, Ganondorf whistled. "Where'd you learn to play like that?"

I opened my mouth to praise him, but stopped when I felt a raindrop on my shoulder. I looked up and saw dark storm clouds above us.

"I don't know where that came from." Link stared at the ocarina. "What is this thing?"

"Link-" I started.

"I mean, who could play that just off the bat? And it felt so natural too."

"Link!"

"What is it Zelda?"

"It's raining."

"I know that."

I glared at him. "What was that song called?"

"Song of Storms." He said immediately.

I stared at him. "How do you know that?" Link's eyes traveled up to the sky and whistled under his breath. "I don't know, the name just came to me."

"Well, can you play it again so it stops?" I was somewhat annoyed, the rain didn't add to my mood. Ganondorf seemed to be the same way, he was already setting up the tent a few horselengths away from the moblin.

 Link shook his head. "I've forgotten, we'll just have to wait until it stops." 

We didn't have to wait long, the rain stopped a few minutes later, just as we were settling into our tent.

"We need to talk about our enemies." Link muttered. Ganondorf's cheeks turned red in the moonlight when I looked over to him.

I turned back to Link. "Well, we know there's a guy messing with us that calls himself Ganon. We learned that at the hot springs."

Ganondorf nodded. "When I went up to the hot springs, all I felt was a presence. Then the next thing I knew I was waking up in the shaman's house. I didn't really want to go up to the hot springs, but it felt like I was being pulled there."

Link glanced over at me. I ignored him and looked straight at Ganondorf. "Do you know why he has half of your name? Does this have any connection to you?"

Ganondorf's eyes flickered away from my gaze just for a moment, and in that moment I knew everything.

"Ganondorf, from the looks of things it seems that you aren't just dealing with the three revenge goddesses. It looks like you're dealing with a sorcerer, or some kind of evil wizard." I stated, casting my eyes upon the ocarina. "I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like weird things have been popping up throughout this whole quest. Ganon's name rings a bell, like I've heard it before."

I held up the jewel. "This thing reminds me of something too, I don't know what, but it's something. It's like the dead moblin was a treasury of memories." 

Ganondorf's eyes were on the ground. "Link, I think this is yours." He handed the hookshot over reluctantly.

"Wait, what do you mean its mine?" Link's eyes were wide. "I mean, I've never actually seen this before, not even in pictures like you have. I don't need it." 

Ganondorf's eyes were kind for once. "Nah, it's fine, I can't take such an awesome item as this. Besides I feel, like the ocarina, you'll know how to use it immeditately."

I clutched the jewel to my chest. I really like Link, but I didn't want this jewel out of my hands. I didn't know what it did, and I knew it wasn't mine, but I felt like I had a special connection to it. Link noticed. "I don't want your jewel Z, I don't even want this hookshot, I just want the ocarina."

"Can I see it?" I asked, pointing to the ocarina. "Yeah, sure I guess." He smiled.

I took the ocarina out of his hands and blew hestiantly into it. The sound was hollow, definitely not as majestic as Links obviously well practiced blows.

Ganondorf snorted. "Nice." 

I glared at him. "You try, Mr. I-can-do-it-right."

"Alright, I will!" He picked up the ocarina from my hands and didn't waste a moment blowing into it. It sounded just as bad as mine.

Link smiled and snatched the instrument out of his hands. "Enough! I can't bear to hear you two try to be as good as me anymore!"

I grinned at him and settled down onto my blanket. "Well goodnight guys, tomorrow should be the day we actually get to castle town, once and for all!"