The Triforce- Link POV

The next three days at Kakariko went slower than molasses. I did nothing. No one in the village knew how to sword fight, other than Ganondorf, which would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Whenever I tried to talk to Zelda, she would always be lost in thought and wouldn't listen. 

The only person I could actually talk to was Luda. She was the only one who actually listened, she barely talked. She was a lot like me, in a sense. When I was tired of talking, we would just sit there and watch the other children play in the setting sun.

You could say I thought her as my sister.

Not that I was leaving Aryll out, it's just I thought of her as an Aryll away from home. They were so different, yet so alike.

But no one can keep talking. So I spent most of my days practicing sword fighting on dummies behind the Shaman's house. Some of the village boys gave me a challenge to shoot a pole with an arrow, sounds easy right?

Wrong. So wrong.

The pole was up on the hotel roof, and I had to stand as far away as possible.

 Even though it was hard, I got it on the first try. Not bragging though. Rusl, a man from Ordon, had taught me how to swordfight and how to shoot an arrow when I was very young, he told me I was a natural.

Finally, the day before we left arrived.

Zelda was running around, ignoring anyone except the shaman, "Renado! Do you have the horses ready? What about the carriage? Are Link and Ganondorf getting ready? How far away is Castle Town? Renado? Are you listening to me?"

When Zelda was blabbing to him, Renado turned and wink at me. I smiled back bashfully and walked outside.

"LINK!" Zelda had followed me out, "What are you doing standing around? Have you packed your bags yet? Have you sharpened your sword? Bought a shield? Looked at our route? Have you done anything?"

I sighed and put my hand to my head, "Listen Z-"

"Stop! No! No nicknames!" She put up her hand to my face, I sighed again, "Listen Zelda, I don't think we need to make too much of a deal of this! I mean, it's just castle town!"

"It isn't JUST castle town Link!" Zelda contradicted, "We have to go to Hyrule castle as well! Don't you understand? We might not every come back!"

I just smiled, "Zelda, c'mon, you thinking too much!"

"THINKING TOO MUCH??!" she screeched, "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??"

"Nothing," I winced, "Nevermind..."

"That's what I thought," she snapped and walked away. I saw Ganondorf at the corner of my eye bent over laughing. I snorted, "You saw that didn't you?"

He kept laughing, "y-y-yeah, i-i-it was f-f-funny," he chuckled, then giggled, then snorted, then stopped.

"Hey, do you want to start packing now? If we don't, Z will have our hides," he smiled. I nodded, "Sure, hey Ganondorf, that boy over there looks like you. Is he your brother?"

Ganondorf's face darkened considerably, "yes. Don't talk to him though. He hates me," Ganondorf turned away and walked towards the Shaman's house.

I stared after him, and turned towards his brother. His brother looked a lot like him, with the same red hair and dopey eyes.

"Hello there." I walked over to him, "what's your name?"

"I know who you are," he growled, "get away from me, freak!" He jumped up, grabbed his net and flew to the other side of hill he was perched on.

What in the goddesses name was that?

"Wait, what are you freaking out about?" I ran over to him, he scooched over. I scooched closer.

"STOP!" He yelled, "papa told me never to talk to any of Ganondorf's friends! Get away from me!" he got up and ran towards a girl around fifteen. He hugged her skirt and started crying.

The girl shook her head at him and looked up at me, smiling.

I watched her take his hand and lead him to the hot spring. Not knowing what to do, I just stood there. "Told you," someone whispered in my ear, "Terrible idea. Even Z can't get him to listen."

I stiffened, "Please do not call her that. She hates it." Ganondorf chuckled, "she doesn't seem to mind when you call her that," I shook my head, "she's used to me. Just... Don't call her that."

Ganondorf pushed me lightly, "are you kidding me? I don't care if you and Z  have known each other since birth, I can call her whatever I want!" he pushed me again, this time harder.

"Whatever Ganondorf," I sighed, brushing the dirt from his hands off my shoulder, Ganondorf sauntered up to me,"you think you so high and mighty, but you're not! And someday, Zelda will come running to me when you break her heart!" He pushed me too hard this time, making me fall to the ground.

"Ganondorf-"

"NO! Don't even talk to me! I'm going to go pack." Ganondorf growled and put his nose to mine, bending over, "one more thing Link," he spit his name out on my face, I winced and wiped it off, "you are not going to get Zelda after this quest. She may act all lovey dovey towards you, but remember this: it's not going to end in your favor." He ran off towards the village inn.

I stared off at him, wondering if we'll ever get through this quest in one piece