The Triforce- Link POV

We rode back to Kakariko in the daylight, since we didn't want to be caught by monsters again. I tried to make conversation with Zelda, but she just ignored me. Why was she so annoyed? All I did was compliment her!

"Zelda, why are you ignoring me?"

She ignored my comment.

I tried again, "Zelda, what did I do? Please tell me, I'm kind of dying of lack of communication." I made fake dying sounds. Zelda twitched. "Link, please let me think. I'm in delirium." I stared at her, "Delirium? Really?" I looked behind me to see her face twitch. "Stop it Link."

I frowned. "Hey I'm the one riding this horse, I can make you fall off if you don't talk to me."

"I just did, and I am now." she growled, what was wrong with her?

"Zelda-"

"No."

"Fine, fine!"

The rest of the ride was quiet and awkward. Once or twice I would open my mouth to speak to her, but remembered that she was giving me the silent treatment.

Finally, I had enough. "Okay Zelda, this is just great. We aren't going to get anywhere if you don't talk to me or discuss anything or-or-"

She stopped me. "Listen Link, if you must know, I'm still thinking about what you said at the spring, about me being beautiful."

"That was meant as a compliment Zelda." I snorted. Epona went into a gallop, and when I looked behind me, I saw why.

"Zelda, don't turn around. We're being followed." I said quietly. I felt Zelda's body freeze, and relax again. But she still said nothing. "Zelda?" I whispered. "What is it Link?" she asked, angered. "If anything goes wrong now-"

"Nothing is going to go wrong! And don't say anything! This is so stupid! There probably nothing behind us and you're just trying to get me to talk!" she yelled, "I can't believe you Link!" Epona snorted and started galloping faster. I looked over my shoulder and saw the horse and rider following us speed up.

"Zelda. You said my name!" I growled under my breath. "Now they know their searching for the right people!"

"What are you talking about Link?" She uttered. "Someone sent them to capture us!" I sighed. "Doesn't it seem like we're always being captured?"

Zelda laughed, "it does seem like that huh?" I grinned, glad to hear her laugh, even in the toughest of situations, "listen Zelda, that isn't a horse," I murmured. "That is a moblin riding a boar. I've seen them before when I herded the goats. They've tried to make off with the them, but they never got close enough."

"Do you have your bow?" Zelda whispered in my ear. "Yeah it's slung across my shoulder." Zelda snorted. "Why didn't I notice that before?" Then I felt her fingers lift the bow off my shoulders and position it to kill the bokoblin. "You're mine now," she murmured. I felt the tension being released when she let the arrow go.

"I hit it!" she said happily. "Slow the horse down Link, he might have spoils of war!" I turned Epona around and walked her over to the no longer pursuing bokoblin. It was twitching on the ground and the boar growled at Epona.

"Y-y-you have no idea how much I've gone through." It stammered. "P-p-p-please help me!" Zelda and I stood stock still as it breathed its last breath. "M-m-my master shall have you s-s-soul!" then it went limp.

"I'll search the boar, you search him." I told her, she nodded and went to the dead monster. The boar wouldn't calm down with Epona near, so I led her over to a tree and tied her up.

The boar had calmed down once I'd led Epona away. There was a bag slung over it's shoulder. I grabbed the bag and looked inside, there were a few green rupees and a piece of lint. I looked further in and saw a glint of silver. Reaching into the bag, I took the silver thing out and saw that it was a key.

"Zelda!" I yelled to her. "Did you find anything?" She asked

"Yes! I found this key," I answered.

Zelda rushed towards me and pried it from my hands. "Let me see that," she examined it. "Looks like something I've seen before... But I can't quite put my finger on it."

I looked at it in her hands. "It does look familiar." I murmured, "Somewhere in Kakariko?" 

Zelda shook her head. "No, something else. Somewhere... I can't think of it! What is wrong with me?"

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Nothing is wrong with you! Weird things have been happining to us, let's just put it in your bag and keep going to Kakariko."

She nodded and brushed my hand off her. "Let's go, I'm getting tired of seeing that dead bokoblin out of the corner of my eye."

I smiled and went to fetch Epona, Zelda was by my side instantly. "I'm going to direct her Link, I'm tired of riding in the back." She slung her legs over Epona and got on. "Get on quickly or else I'm leaving you here."

What was with Zelda? I got on Epona and tried to talk to her some more, but she ignored me some more. As we got closer to Kakariko I tried one last time. "Listen Zelda, Ganondorf will be waiting for you, so get ready for a reunion." She just shook her head and led Epona on.

"They're here! They're here!" one of the children yelled, I saw the shaman's daughter, Luda, run over to the gate and open it for us. "Zelda! You're okay!" a few of the kids ran up to the horse and took her to the stables once we had jumped down.

"Yeah, I'm going to go rest, and I guess find Ganondorf." She tred towards Renado's house, leaving me speechless. "What's wrong with her?" asked one of the children. "Nothing, she's just tired," I sighed. "Hey, to you guys know where Ganondorf is?"

"Ganondorf's on the top of the hotel, in the hot spring." Luda smiled. "Why?" 

I shook my head. "No reason." I walked over to the hotel and climbed the stairs where I remembered Zelda. I was hit by a wall of steam, and I covered my mouth.

I could see Ganondorf's outline through the mist. "Ganondorf! We're back!" I saw Ganondorf's outline jump and wade towards me. "Good to see your back," but it wasn't Ganondorf's voice.

From what I could see, Ganondorf didn't look like Ganondorf. His eyes were usually brown, his eyes were red, and his figure was hunched over.

"Ganondorf?" I asked shakily. But it just laughed. "No, but close. Guess again." His arms rose and closed around my neck. "Guess again. And guess right, or die."