Dark Bruises

Keith Pov

~
My heart was pounding. My head head was swimming. My eyes burned as I fell to my knees seeing what they done. I crawled closer and closer as I pulled him close "Lance.." I was shaking as his eyes were shut and blood was seeping through his armor "What kind of leader are you? Huh Keith?" I held Lance closer to my chest as I started to cry

"I'm n-no leader. I-I suck as a leader..I got someone killed because I was in danger. I lost the person I cared a lot about.." My tears covered his brusised up face as I kissed his head and caressed his cheek "I love him.." I said as I gently put him down "I promised I'll protect him" I stood up and grabbed my baynard as I made my sword appear

"I failed. Now you're gonna get it!" I ran towards him as I shoved the sword right through his chest "Now I want you to suffer like me.." I pulled away as he dropped and I fell back catching my breath as the room changed back to its normal state "Well done Keith! Now come out and see the others"

I wiped my eyes as I walked out before I'm embraced by Lance and I hold on "I'm still here" he whispered as I relaxed "Allura why would you put that as his training sequence?" Lance asked annoyed "Well he builds up his anger to destroy the enemy especially if it's someone he loves or cares for"

I shake my head "You're gonna give him trauma thinking I'm actually dead" I shut him up with a kiss as he smiles "Its fine Lance and besides it's your time to go" he nods and walks out as I walk towards Allura "What is his sequence?" She smirks as she pressed a button "Whatever his mind chooses"

I chuckled as the arena changes to outside and see myself with him and his family. "This one is new?" I smiled because we had a family picnic a few days ago "Not to me" Allura smiled knowing it was recent "Care to explain?"

"We had a picnic since I wasn't over their house for a few weeks. They thought me and lance broke up so i told them we didn't and they dragged me into it. It was fun." She smiles "Its good to see you happy Keith" "Thanks"

We watched his battle scene as it got intense when my holo version of myself stepped in front of him as it took the hit. Something I'll do if I'm honest "Keith!" He screamed as the holo enemy kicked him sending him away a few feet. I was about to stop it until Allura held me "Wait" I was impatient and needed to make sure Lance was okay

"But-" she covered my mouth as Lance held his chest hissing as the enemy came closer "Look at you, so weak and useless" "What? I'm not weak..or useless" "Sure. I bet you felt useless when your precious boyfriend left you alone for 3 weeks" I made a move but Allura held me "Allura" "Shh" I glared

"he had his reasons.." he was panting as I watched "He doesn't care about you" the look in Lance eyes made him grab his baynard and shoot the holo away. He stood up and walked towards it and glared at him "He loves me and cares about me. Just like me" he shot again and the holo was dead "Nice work Lance"

I smiled but Lance fell to the ground "Lance!" I rushed into the arena and fell to my knees and I held him "Lance? Don't close your eyes" I kept talking as he looked at me "Did I pass?" I sigh in relief as I helped him up "You okay?" He nods "Yeah just need a rest" I helped him into the small room as Allura rushed for the medkit "That was pretty cool"

I said as he looked at me "What?" "The part you got mad at the holo" "Oh. Yeah" he sounded a bit sad "You okay?" He nods "The holo just got personal and it made me so upset. Is that how you feel when it talks to you?" I nodded "Yeah but I always use it to power through like you did. Also when my holo version got in the way I totally would do something like that"

"Figures. You still love me?" I held his face and smiled "Of course I still love you. Don't think like that Lance" I kissed him as Allura came back "Oh am I interrupting?" We chuckled "No" she handed me the kit as I patched him up as I finished we waited for the others.