Chapter 12

I woke up to the soothing sound of birds chirping. The sun was shining and everything sounded quiet. I shuffled in my bed, rolled around trying to find Adam so I could cuddle with him. I shuffled a bit more but I felt nothing. I did a bit more and still felt no body close by. I sighed and tried one more time- Oof!

My eyes shot open and I brought my arm up to massage the back of my head. I hissed in pain when I touched it. But, as I kept massaging it, the pain had less impact and I sighed in relief and laid back down for a while. I shut my eyes but they snapped open when I remembered that Adam was not in bed. Where did he go? I stood up carefully and walked into my bathroom. 

I did my normal everyday routine and walked out. I walked to my bed and fixed my blanket and sat down when I was done. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked the time, which was twelve in the afternoon. Wow, I slept in. 

I noticed I had several text messages, so I checked them.

Nick:

Uhh, dude where the hell is your ratchet ass?! I miss you. Text back.

Really Nick? Ratchet ass?

Mom:

Hey sweetie just wanted to check in. Please call when you get this. Miss you lots. xoxo

Adam:

Good morning princess. I bet you're wondering where I am so I will tell you that I am at school. It's Monday and I just didn't have the guts to wake you up. You looked peaceful and I want you to relax today because tonight I am taking you somewhere. Me, the boy's and Nick will be there. Be ready at six. See you later love. xoxo

I smiled at his text. Now that I am with Adam, I feel so complete. But, there was something telling me that something bad was going to happen and I don't know how to feel about that. I pushed the feelings away and called my mom. After three rings, she finally picked up.

'Hello?' my mom sad.

'Hey mom.' I said.

She gasped. 'Emma sweetie, OH I miss you so much sweetie.' my moms voice boomed through the phone. I laughed and said, 'I miss you to mom. So how are you? And, uh how is the business trip going?' I asked, confusion in my voice. I still had no idea what this business trip was about and I was very curious.

My mother cleared her throat and spoke, 'I am doing great honey and my business trip is.... fine.' 

'Right... So you will be back when exactly?'

'That's the thing I need to speak to you about, I'm not quite to sure when but hopefully soon.' I was getting very skeptical about this. My mom never just leaves without letting me know. I was about to question her a question but she cut me to it.

'Listen honey, I love you but I have to go. Talk to you soon, bye.'

'Bye.' I said. I hung up and sighed. I guess I'll just question her later.

I went back to my messages to text Nick and told him to meet me at my house after school. He replied with an okay and I got up from my bed to cook breakfast.

.

.

.

.

After eating breakfast, I ended up watching movies on Netflix and laying in bed all day. After several hours of laughter and boredom the door bell rung. I jumped up from my bed and went to open the door. Once I opened it I immediately engulfed Nick in a hug.