thirty eight.

[ CHAPTER 38 ]

Tessa's POV

I sit on the roof for about 30 minutes before I hear the boys outside.

"We need to find her, god dammit!" Zach yells.

My heart drops, he sounds so distraught and upset.

"Zach, please calm down." Jack says to him.

"Shut the fuck up Jack! I can't fucking calm down. This is my girlfriend we can't find!" He screams.

"And she's my best friend, you think I'm not pissed at you for making her upset and letting her run off? Because I am! But yelling isn't gonna make her come back!" Jack yells.

Hypocrite.

"Guys stop." Daniel says, "Jack. You stay here in case she comes back while we go to look for her."

"Why me? I want to help look for her!" He says.

"Because clearly you and Zach can't be around each other and Zach will go crazy if he's just sitting around waiting, whereas you'll be able to handle it." Daniel explains.

"Okay," Jack agrees. "But you guys better text me with updates."

"We will bro," Corbyn assures him.

"Sorry, Zach. I shouldn't of yelled." He apologizes.

"Me neither. I'm sorry too," Zach says in a sad voice and then I hear them hit each other's back so they're probably hugging it out.

That's my boys.

I hear the car pull away and the front door shut.

I sigh and sit up, watching the car pull away then lay back down.

I hear the door to Jack's room close and him lay down on his bed.

I smile at his attempt to calm himself down instead of freaking out. I'm proud of him.

"What is that noise?" He says to himself.

"Oh shit." I mutter to myself, realizing that he hears my music.

"Hello?" He asks.

"If anyone's there can you please just kill me now because I'm getting kind of freaked out." He says, walking around his room.

I can't help but laugh out loud. That's what he would say if he thought a killer was in his room.

"Tessa?" He asks coming to the window.

I don't say anything.

"Tessa, where are you? I just heard your laugh. I know you're out there."

"I'm on the roof." I give in.

He sighs and tries to climb up here.

I see the top of this curly hair and hear him struggling.

I grab his arm and help him up.

"How'd you get up here so easily? What the fuck?" He laughs.

"It really isn't that hard. You just aren't athletic." I state.

"True."

I nod and we sit in silence looking at their beautiful view.

"You know you freaked us all out right?" He breaks the silence. "The guys are still probably on edge."

"Yeah," I nod. "I heard you guys arguing before they went looking for me.

"And you didn't say anything."