twenty seven.

[ CHAPTER 27 ]

Tessa's POV

When I wake up I'm in someone's bed. I literally have no idea where I am.

Wait, I'm at Zach's but who's room am I in?

I sit up and look around. I look next to me and see Zach sleeping there right next to me. 

So this is Zach's room. Good to know. 

What time is it?

I look around for my phone a phone in general. Honestly, I'm just looking for something that tells time. 

I mean does this kid not have a clock in here? 

I check my wrist and see my watch. Damn I'm dumb.

It's 11:30 in the morning. It feels nice to actually sleep. 

I get up and grab a sweatshirt from Zach's closest. What can I say? I'm cold and Zach has comfortable hoodies. His hoodie comes a little above my knees so it looks like I'm not wearing shorts but I am so it's cool. 

I go downstairs and try to find the other boys. I can't imagine that they all sleep late. They are teenaged boys so I wouldn't be so surprised. 

I go in the living room and no one's there so I walk into the kitchen. Jack and Daniel are sitting at the kitchen table and Jonah is making some breakfast. 

They all turn towards me because they heard the noise of me walking in. 

"Hey good morning girly," Jack says and then takes in my outfit. "I like your sweatshirt," he winks, "wait are you wearing pants?" 

I pull up the sweatshirt to reveal my shorts, "yeah. I'm just short and Zach's sweatshirts are long on me." 

"Sweatshirts?" Daniel says putting emphasis on the plural of the word. 

I roll my eyes, "yeah I have another one of his sweatshirts at my house. He let me keep it."

"Damn. You guys aren't even dating yet and you already steal his sweatshirts." Jonah says walking up to us and resting his arm on my head and leaning on me. 

"What do you mean 'yet' you doofus?" I say walking away form him so that he falls form loss of support. He catches himself but still looks like a doofus. 

I laugh. "What do you mean what do I mean? You guys are clearly in love and are going to date." He states a matter of factly.

"Oh obviously. Yeah of course. Yes." I say sarcastically. 

"Glad we're all on the same page." Jack smiles at me, enthusiastically.

"I was joking."

"Yeah but we aren't. You guys clearly like each other." Daniel says. 

"No we don't. We are just friends sheesh." I say sitting down at the table with Jack and Daniel.

"Yeah really?" Jack starts, "then why'd you guys kiss yesterday?" 

Daniel and Jonah gasp and look and run over to me. 

"You guys kissed?!" They say at the same time. 

 "Jack! Shutup oh my god." I say to him and flick him. "Yes we kissed just a couple of times but it didn't mean anything. We are just friends." I reiterate. 

Zach's POV  

"Jack! Shutup oh my god." Tessa says to Jack, "yes we kissed just a couple of times but it didn't mean anything. We are just friends." I hear Tessa finish. 

Oh.

Oh.

OH.

Well okay.

I mean I didn't think I loved her or anything but I thought it kind of meant something. I guess not though. Well that sucks. 

I don't even know what to think. We're just friends? 

I don't know what I thought we were but I thought we were more than just friends.

Ugh.

I walk into the kitchen and sit down at the table without saying anything. 

"Well good morning." Tessa says, smiling at me. 

"Hey." I say, coldly. 

I don't want to be mean but I'm kinda hurt. Like what the fuck. Why didn't our kiss mean anything to her? It's annoying. I'm mad. 

She widens her eyes and looks over at Jack. He shrugs. 

I look over at her just to take her in before I continue being mad. She's so cute. She's honestly the most gorgeous person in the whole entire world oh my god. And she's wearing my sweatshirt. My sweatshirt. That's adorable. Wait no. She's not cute. I don't mean anything to her. Ugh. 

Jonah finishes making breakfast and Corbyn comes downstairs. We all eat and I go through the whole meal without talking. 

We clean everything up and the boys go into the living room, leaving Tessa and I alone in the kitchen. 

"Are you okay?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine!" I explode. 

"Really? You don't seem it."

"You know what? Maybe you should just go home." I say turning to her. 

"I'm so confused. What happened? Why are you mad at me?" 

Because I fucking kissed you and you kissed me but it meant nothing!!!!!!!!

"I don't know Tess. You tell me." I say leaning against the counter. 

"Please don't call me that." She says walking up to me, "now what's your problem with me?" 

"Nothing Tessa." I roll my eyes I say and push past her.

She grabs my arms and pulls me back, "no. You don't get to do that. I have told you so much personally shit about my life because 'we're close and need to become best friends' and all that shit." She says using air quotes, and mocking our voices, "so tell me, Zach."

I sigh, "the kiss meant nothing to you?" 

...

don't forget to vote&comment ! sorry I haven't been updating !!!!!! school is starting soon so I have soccer practice everyday and I have meetings and volunteering to do.

i've just been very busy but I'm trying my best !

thanks for sticking around 

love you all 

-av <3