thirty seven.

[ CHAPTER 37 ]

Tessa's POV

I wake up to my phone blaring.

I sit up and look around, I'm in Zach's room but he's no where to be found. 

I groan and pick up my phone while going downstairs. 

"Hello?" I say and walk into the kitchen.

"Hey," Jack and Daniel say at the same time.

"She's on the phone dumbasses." Corbyn says looking at me. 

"Hi babe," Zach whispers while kissing my head.

I smile at him," morning."

"Tessa. We have a problem." My social worker Sandra says on the phone.

"What? What do you mean we have a problem?" I panic, "we can't have problems. You can't tell me we have a problem." 

"Tessa, calm down." She says.

"What do you mean you have a problem?" Daniel asks.

"What's wrong?" Jonah asks.

"Babe?" 

"Just put me on speaker before those boys talk and you can't even hear me." Sandra says.

I sit at the kitchen table, put the call on speaker and set my phone down on the table. 

"Ok, your on speaker. What's the problem?"

"So I was tracking down your father and I found out that your father isn't your father." She says.

"What do you mean my father isn't my father?" I ask, "that doesn't make any sense."

"Oscar Jacobs is not your father." 

"Yes he is. Oscar and Danielle Jacobs are my parents," I start. "We have my fucking birth certificate to prove it!" 

I look around at the boys and they all give me sympathetic smiles. 

"We have copies of your birth certificate. We don't have the real thing from the hospital. From your birth."

"So what does this mean?" 

"We have to find your real father to have him sign the papers." She says.

"God fucking dammit. Why do these thing happen to me?" I ask her with tears forming in my eyes. "What did I do?" I ask her, frustrated.

"I know, honey. It hurts, you didn't do anything to deserve this. It's not fair." 

"It's not fair, Sandra." I say, crying. 

"I'm so sorry." 

The boys look hurt for me.

I take a couple of seconds to calm down. Zach and Jack are both rubbing my back. 

"Well what can we do to find him? My real father."

"Are you sure you want to find him?" She asks.

"Yeah, I need to know. I need to know my story. And I need to talk to Oscar. He knew he wasn't my birth father but he never said anything."

"Tessa, I don't know about this." Zach says.

"Why don't you think about it?" Sandra says, "I'll find Oscar and your birth father and then if you want to talk to them you can."

"Thanks Sandra. I'll talk to you later." 

"Bye doll." She says and hangs up.

I lock my phone so that I don't waste battery.