"I wish I could say it's nice to see you too." She grumbled. 

"Hallie?!" I sort of snapped.

"What? Just him being here makes me mad." 

I grabbed her hand and took her outside. Once we were on the patio with the rest of the family, we sat down together. "Hallie, what are you doing?"

"Jay, I'm just looking out for you. Please tell me you're not going to go back to him again?"

"I don't know Hal, part of me really wants to. I miss him." 

"Girl you can't just give in like that. He obviously isn't mature enough to have the relationship that you want yet."

"It's been two months since I moved back home. I think he's had enough time to mature, wouldn't you? I mean he practically begged me to take him back right before you walked in the door." 

"All I'm saying is, he's trouble. A lot of trouble. And I don't want to see you hurt yet again." 

"I hope that doesn't happen." We walked inside and got the guys. "Hey why don't we take the horses out for a night ride?" I asked them. 

"I'd love to." Jake agreed quickly. "I'll come help you saddle them up."

"Saddles? You to chicken to ride bare back?" I said smirking. Hallie glared at me, obviously keying in on my flirting. She gave me the look that said what the hell are you doing? 

Jake and I walked out to the barn and saddled up the horses, on his request, and met Tom and Hallie out back. We all saddled up and road through our property onto the trail that would take us up the mountain. 

"So, how's your senior year been Jay." Jake asked trying to start a conversation. 

"It's been alright. Nothing like I hoped it would be, but I'll be fine. It'll be over soon enough." 

He looked disappointed, "JJ, you can't think that way! Senior year was my favorite year! You have to enjoy it while it lasts." 

"I guess I'm just ready to move on with my life, you know. Leave all that high school baggage behind." He knew exactly what I was talking about but didn't argue. 

"I'm sorry you feel that way. Did you go to Homecoming?"

"I did actually. We had the Homecoming dance a few weeks ago and my friend Brad took me." 

"Brad? The guys name is Brad? Could his name be any douchier?" Jake laughed thinking he was funny but Hallie gave him the death glare that immediately stopped his laughing. "Well, uh I'm glad you went. What did you guys do?"

"It was a last minute thing, and we just wanted to have fun. So we went to dinner, the dance, and then to his house to watch a movie after." 

"Oh, you guys watched a movie?" He asked. "What movie?"

I laughed, " why does it matter what movie we watched?"

"I don't know, I'm just curious I guess." 

"We watched Dear John, and then he took me home. Any other questions dad?"

I could tell that made him mad, "I guess not." 

I tried to lighten the mood, because I felt bad for making him feel uncomfortable, "So, what about you? What have you been doing this fall?"

"Just football practice and studying." He said bluntly.

"Really? That's it? You don't go to parties, or go out, or-," and I hesitated, "or date?"

"Nope, there's only one girl I want to be with and I'll wait for her forever." My heart completely melted. Part of me wanted to jump on his horse with him and ride off into the sunset, and the other part wanted to run from any feelings I had for him. 

Jensen's Little GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara