>//Neko Nagisa x Kitsune Reader~A Tale From Long Ago//<**

This oneshot was requested by Autumn-chan1. I had a bit of trouble with this one honestly, but I was still able to make it! I know you had to wait a year for this, and I sincerely apologize. Quick note, that anything with two asterisk will be explained at the end, since you probably will not know what I'm talking about. Not that's a bad thing, it can be though. Well, see ya in the Extras!

"Gather, gather!!! I have a story to tell about a young boy who fell in love with a Kistune. The tale from oh so long ago," yelled the old woman standing in the center of her village. People gathered as she repeated those words. She saw the little kids from the shrine, just up the mountain. Her wrinkled face formed a small smile on her face as she saw the large crowd. "Listen well, for I have a story to tell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching from a far. You could see the eyes of bright young boy. The boy had short blue hair (expecting pigtails weren't you??) that swayed with the wind. His white garments told you that he lived in the village down below. Observing quietly, you tried not to make a sound, but due to a squirrel, you moved.

"Is any one there??" the young boy asked. Looking up from your spot, you saw his eyes focused on your (e/c) ones. You saw his tail shake and his ears shiver. "S-seven tails!!!"** Swiftly following behind him, you watched as he ran away, down the mountain.

"Did you scare him?" an old voice spoke. Turning, you saw a good friend of yours, Mr. Kazeyaku, the caretaker of the shrine. You stayed silent and watched as he placed down a plate of aburaage,** your favorite dish. "He'll come back tomorrow for the festival. Talk to him then, he gets made fun of for his tail and ears." You stopped eating and stared at him for a while, staying silent. "Please. . . (Y/n)."

You dropped the piece of aburaage and started growling. You hated hearing that name. That old name of yours, the one your family used to call you. Family? No, they weren't your family, they were worse far more worse than family. They were monsters. And you could remember it so clearly, the past that you kept hidden away.

The Next Day
*Night - 6:00*

(Your POV)
Jeez, when is that boy going to come?? I watched from the top of the mountain, as the village lit up in gold lanterns. People filling and crowding the streets as the fresh smell of street food and incense filled my nose. The path to the shrine dimly lit only by the full moon. Old Kazeyaku must have lying. I'm seeing no sign of him anywhere. Suddenly, I hear whispers. From the east? No, south. Southeast of the forest. Southeast?? That's wolves territory!!

Quickly, I run to the sound. Just what has this kid gotten himself into?! I ponder at the fact that he could be dead by now, but I must keep moving, no time to think about that!! Swiftly, I run through the thick brush;twigs, leaves, and stones getting into my delicate white fur. I'll have the old man help late, now I must focus. Looking around I stop, seeing a open spot in the forest. Quietly I creep up on them.

*
*
*

(Nagisa POV)
It happened so quick!! But I remember it so clearly. The Kistune used her powers to make the wolves go away. She saved my life!!! But..... why do I feel like I've seen her before??

*
*
*

(Narrator POV)
As the sun rose, the bright light - slightly covered by the mountain- was blinding. With the sun rising, it marks the 3rd day that Nagisa has been asleep. A certain (h/c) haired girl watching over him. A look of worry and anger sprouting through that frown of hers.