chapter four

CHAPTER

FOUR

My eyes fluttered open and saw zac there waking me up and screaming my name. I looked outside to see that these giant lions were trying to get in, and alex was fighting them off with fire. I think they hate sunlight and fire.

"ava we need to go now. Get some stuff and help me with taylor." He said as he woke up taylor. I got five backpacks and helped with taylor. As alex charged at the lions and backed away from the cave, as the lions ran in the cave to see if we were still in there. Stupid lions.

We ran to a big pond an dived in. after a while, we get out and made a place to sleep in the trees and lifted taylor up there. I needed to wash up because I am filthy. I took off my clothing to where I was just in my bra and underwear. and dived in. the cool water on my face felt nicer that my warm baths I used to have in the evenings. as I was almost done taking my bath, I heard a splash and turned around to see zac.

"what are you doing?" I asked as I turned around and hid myself not wanting him to see my body.

"taking a bath what does it look like?" he said as he splashed me and I shrieked. I spit water out of my mouth. And turned to look at him and he just smiled. "come on I wanna show you something." He said as he swam away.

"where are we going?" I asked and he just kept on swimming.

"it's a surprise." He said as I swam with him. "close your eyes." I took my hands and hid my face and he glided me through the water. The felling of the pond was nice, with the seaweed rubbing on my legs and a couple of fish rubbing my legs.

"ok. Open" he said as he took my hands of my face. I saw palm trees an da pond in the middle, and sand surrounding it and colorful flowers on the rim of the sand. And the sun was setting.

"it's beautiful." I said as I got out of the water and felt the cold air on my skin. I felt a hand on my back gliding me to the littler pond. I looked back at him and saw him staring at me, but when I looked at him he looked away.

We went into the small pond that was about four feet deep. We splashed around and swam together. After that, we got out and talked.

"so, ava, where do you see yourself in five years?" he asked looking at his hands.

"well if I don't get out of here, probably, nowhere. But if I was out then, married and kids. A dog names spot and a cat named fudgy." I said and he just laughed.

"why fudgy?"

"I like the name. plus I can eat him some day if we run out of food. Just a thought." I said looking at the pond.

"you are probably the most weirdest person I happen to know." He said looking at me with a straight face.

"is that bad?" I asked looking at him with a confused face.

"ava. I love that about you." He said grabbing my hand and leaning in. and before I knew it his lips where on mine.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I should go. Um.. I'm sorry, this was nice. Um but I can't do this." I said walking away and swimming. When I got to the shore I got my clothes and got dressed and went to go see taylor and alex.

"so? Ava's got a boyfriend?" alex said leaning against the bottom of the tree.

"wha- no. we just kissed. But I don't want to fall in love in here, because what if he dies? I don't want to lose something that means a lot to me. Not again." I said crying.

"woah! Ava, calm down. I didn't mean to- wait what do you mean 'again'." She asked.

"my..um my sister-"

"wait you had a sister? When?" she asked confused.

"um.. I don't want to talk about it. Just my sister cara died. And I don't want to go through that again." I said wiping away tears.

"don't worry about it. Oh here comes zac." Alex says climbing up the tree.

"hey ava! What was that?" zac yells at me. I tried to pushed my tears away, but failed, and walked toward him.

"noithing. I don't wanna talk about it. i just dont want you to leave!" I yell with tears streaming down my face faster than a waterfall. He steped closer and kissed me again pushing me against the tree. we finally broke apart and he just stared at me.

"I promise I will never leave you. I love you." He said and kissed me again. This is a good night right here.

i just dont get him. one second hes mad about me leaving him there after kissing him, and the other he loves me? ugh...... i think im falling for him.