Epilogue~,

"Don't leave me here like this, can't hear me scream from the abyss!"

***

No. No, no, no, no, no.

No.

He can't be gone.

The minutes after Optimus' spark pulsed the last time were a blur. Ratchet couldn't comprehend it. He denied it. He saw Arcee call Optimus' name, shout it even, but he couldn't hear it. He saw Bee run angrily towards Soundwave, and Bulkhead ran after him to try and stop him.

Ratchet felt himself fall to his knee plates in front of Optimus, the last Prime, the leader of the Autobots, and his closest and most trusted friend.

And he was gone.

And, for once, Ratchet had no idea what to do.

***

Bulkhead had grabbed Bee before he could get to Soundwave, and they released Optimus from the chains, and Bulkhead and Ratchet dragged him through a GroundBridge Arcee had called for, though the kids could tell immediately something was wrong by the waver in Arcee's voice. They exchanged a look before Raf opened one, and the Autobots walked through, and Optimus was laid on a medical berth. Ratchet stared at him for a minute before something unrecognizable yet dangerous flashed through his optics, and he left the room.

*

"Master, you've done it."

"Yes, Starscream," Megatron chuckled, staring at the matrix. "But I don't intend to stop there."

Starscream smiled, and left the room, leaving Megatron with his thoughts. And he felt something he hadn't for a while.

Remorse.

*

The war made enemies of brothers.

~~~

Yes, this is the end of the book.

Thank you for those who read and supported this book, it truly meant a lot even though this was just a small story.

But, good news.

There will be a sequel (take notice of the comma in the title ;> ).

Even more good news:

There will be three more books. :>

I've decided that this will be a miniseries.

Though, this series is where my evil author syndrome outlet will be, so reader's discretion is advised (*cough little late for that aha)

I can tell you what the next book will be, however. It was originally going to be its own book, but inspiration struck. :>

Until then, and I hope to see you then,

-Bumblemus Prime