Chapter 2

She freezes right in her spot after hearing these words from Rajveer. Her eyes go wide in shock and automatically tears starts to brim in her eyes, yet she makes no effort to end the eye contact.

This is what hates and breaks Rajveer the most, seeing tears in his Naina's eyes. By every passing second, his grip is getting loose on her elbow, yet he makes no effort to lower his eyes. He cannot fall weak like this, he needs to stay strong, for her happiness.

He waits for her to say something, but all she does is stare at him with teary eyes. Her heart does not want to believe Rajveer. This frustrates Rajveer, why is she not uttering a word? Grabbing both of her shoulders, he shakes her in order to get her back to reality.

"Tumne suna nahi maine kya kaha? Maine hi tumhare bhai ko maara hai. Kuch bolo dammit!!"

yells Rajveer

Instead of anger, a smile starts to creep on Naina's lips. This shocks Rajveer. Why is she smiling after knowing that he killed her brother? Without getting out of his hold, she looks intensely in his eyes.

"Jhoot bol rahe hain aap"

utters Naina

It surprises Rajveer. Why is she not believing him? Letting go of her shoulders, in nervousness, Rajveer takes a step back and turns his back towards Naina.

"Mein jhoot nahi bol raha. Maine hi tumhare bhai ko maara hai"

admits Rajveer

His shaky voice reflects his nervousness which ensures Naina that either he is lying or either he is not telling her the whole truth. Her heart is not able to accept that her Rajveer sir killed her bhaiyya, his best friend. She feels as if there is another side to this truth which she will find out, no matter what!

Naina's smile gets wider by each passing second. With her right hand, she grabs Rajveer's left hand and she swings him around, towards her, so now his front is towards Naina.

Then, taking a step towards Rajveer, Naina looks directly in his eyes, her smile vanishes and her expressions turns serious.

"Kyun kar rahe hain aap aisa?"

questions Naina

Now it is Rajveer's turn to get anxious. He wants to lower his eyes, but her constant and intense gaze does not give him the permission to do so.

"Kya kar raha hoon mein?"

Rajveer question back, sternly

His stern voice makes Naina's heart to skip a beat. But she will not give up. If he is Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, then she is also his protégée, his cadet Naina ah Singh. He is the one who taught her how to deal with any kind of situation. Sure he is a master of strategy and communication, but she has also learned lots from him.

"Aap kyun jhoot bol rahe hain ke aapne bhaiyya ko maara?"

questions Naina

This irritates Rajveer to an extent. Why is she not believing him? In anger, he grabs both of her shoulders.

"Mein jhoot nahi bol raha Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia. Maine hi tumhare bhai ko ek pagal kutte ki tarah maara hai. Saboot chahiya na tumhe, mein deta hoon tumhe saboot"