Chapter 8: Nigga in shining Armor

Marie P.O.V

Marie: Why.tf.is.he.here?

Cathy: Girl calm down please

Marie: So you set me up

Cathy: No, I promise I didn’t

Marie: *grabbing her keys and jacket* whatever Cathy, I’m outta here * heads for the door

Jeremiah: *running after her* WAIT MA! WAIT

Marie: *stops at her car door and turns around* what do you want Ace?

Jeremiah: you ma I want you. *grabs her hands looking down at her* I want you to give me a chance; I want you to give us a chance. We started off on the wrong foot and I’m so sorry ma I really am. Can you please forgive me and give me a chance. I think you’re gorgeous and I’m not saying I love you but I feel some type of way about you that I never felt before. I have never met a girl that turned me down until you and that just turn me on to you even more. I mean damn ma you got me out here sounding like a bitch beggin you. I’ll get on my knees if I have to please give me a chance* grabs her by the waist and pull her in so their bodies can touch*

Jeremiah:*leans down puts his mouth to her ear and whispers* please give me a chance, I promise I won’t let you down.

Marie: *frustrated* Ace please let me go, PLEASE.

Jeremiah: Ma do I really have to

Marie: Yes, let me go *pushes her hand against his stomach to separate them*

Jeremiah:*reluctantly* okay ma

-Marie walks to her car and gets in

Jeremiah: Remember what I said ma, ima see you again

Marie: you know what, I don’t doubt that *chuckles then backs out*

Jeremiah P.O.V

I know y’all thinkin man he just went out like a bitch, and I slick did but I have to have her. I swore I was never gone change but it feel like she changing a nigga.

I went back inside to tell Jody and Cathy I was leaving, but when I got halfway up the hallway I heard moaning and just turned my ass around.

Marie P.O.V

My ride home was silent, no music or nothing. I needed to think. I would try with him cause he seem sincere but I can’t be stressing myself out trying to be with him so I think ima just avoid the whole situation. When I got home I took a long hot bath put on my pajamas, and fell asleep thinking about Ace.

The next Morning I woke up to my phone ringing:

My druggy

Love me

When I’m ugly

Hug Me

When I’m bummy

I let the phone ring until it stopped I guess Cathy hung up because the whole tone didn’t play. I closed my eyes to go back to sleep and it started ringing again. I reached over and picked it up. Wassup Cat I said dryly. Nothing girl, Are you mad at me? No ma’am I am not, he told me how he ended up over there, and I didn’t call you because I needed some time to think. Okay girl, call me later boo, she said. I said okay then hung up the phone. I got up showered, got dressed, and headed out the door. The best way I know to get my mind off things is shopping. I decided to go alone because I just wanted to clear my head.