Part 38: Church Meeting

You walked into the church trying to seem as confident as possible but it was a little hard seeming intimidating with a limb. Carl helped you up the last step, you wanted to pull your arm away and tell you could do it on your own but he was just trying to help and you didn't wanna be a bitch all the time.

You sat with your little friend group in one of the first rows in the seats. Rick stood at the front of the church with Daryl, "Deanna isn't gonna make it, she's not feeling well" Rick announced after everyone that was coming was seated.

You slumped down in the seat, crossing your arms across your chest staring at the blue carpet. You had honestly tuned out the conversation until you were brought into it.

"She's basically useless!" Your name didn't have to be said to know they were talking about you. Who else had gotten injured and now permanently walked with a limp? No one. That's who.

"She is far from useless!" Carl shouted back, you placed a hand on his arm which was easy to do since he sat right next to you. He turned to look at you and seemed to calm down immediately.

Aiden scoffed, of course it was his mouth those hurtful words had left. "what is she supposed to do now? Hide behind these walls and take care of Judith for the rest of her life? she's like a dying animal, put her out of her misery and get it over with"

"You touch her, you die" Daryl growled, obviously becoming angry.

You leaned your shoulders on your knees to that at him "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

You pushed yourself up and stood up walking to the front of the church to talk "isn't that all you've done Aiden? Isn't that all any of you have done? Hide behind these walls while people like us" You motioned toward your group "actually survive out there and fight?"

The church grew silent and Aiden gave you a stern look, a smirk grew on your friends faces because they knew you weren't done.

"So what Aiden, you wanna kill me off to hide your secret? I mean if I'm dead the focus would be on my death not what you did" you slowly walked towards him. He sat in the second row across from your first row.
The church was still silent but you could tell everyone was now suspicious and confused.

You put your open hand  out in front of him, "give me the gun" you instructed. His face fell and he looked as if he stopped breathing, "that's what were here to discuss right?" You asked in a sarcastic tone, throwing your hands up in the air and facing Rick

He raised an eyebrow at you and you returned a smirk before facing Aiden, putting your hand out again.

With a sigh, he reached behind his back and pulled the gun out placing it in your hands. You smiled at him and tossed the gun at Rick, he caught it and looked at it, then at you. A proud look on his face

"now, I got better shit to do" you walked towards the exit and opened the door particularly but turned back around to the silent church "Aiden"

He turned to see you, looking like he wanted to rip your head off

"You may be 15 years older than me but I think we both know who'd survive if they threw us both out to the walkers"

You used your hip to push the door open all way and walked out, letting it slam behind you.