28

Harley yawned, and stretched out her arms. She lazily opened her eyes.

"Was my bed always this hard?" She thought.

No, it wasn't. Her eyes shot open and she gasped. She could recognize this place anywhere; she was back at Arkham.

Her breath caught in her throat, and she held back the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes.

It had been  early a year since she had last seen J, and several months since she had her babies. She never even got one glance at them. She hoped, she wished to God that they were okay.

Harley stood up and began to pace her cell. She couldn't stay still, her mind was too busy. Harley didn't even notice that she started to cry until her knees gave out, and she fell to the ground. She smashed her face on her bed rail. Blood slowly trickled out from her nose as she began to sob, crying out for J.

___

J sat on the ground, leaning against the wall. He was still in Harley's old hospital room. He wasn't sure how long he was sitting in there, surely for a few hours. But he couldn't tear his eyes away from the bare bed, where Harley lie not too long ago.

J took his gun, and began to shoot everywhere. He shot at the bed, at the windows, all around the walls. His ears were ringing from the continuous gun shots, but he didn't care.

He screamed when he ran out of bullets, and threw the gun across the room. His hands began shaking, followed by his whole body shaking with rage, and sadness.

It had now been a week since Harley was taken back to Arkham, and Joker had discovered Harley was gone from the hospital.

J had flown back home. Several henchmen were killed on the flight home due to J's rage.

"How the hell is she still gone!" J screamed one day, as he was working in his office.

"How the fuck!" He said, storming out of his chair. He grabbed a knife, and threw it at the wall. J walked over to his mini fridge, and grabbed a drink. He downed it in minutes. Then, he drank another. And another. He kept drinking until he was numb.

He abruptly stood up. J held his head as he became dizzy, but kept walking. He slowly made his way over to the shelf he kept his weapons in. He grabbed a handgun, laughed, then went to sit down in the middle of the floor.

He began to stroke the gun. "Harls, where are ya? Come out, you slut. Where are you right now?" J asked, slowly laying down. "Are you screwing somebody else? Ha ha....such a slut. "

He sat up again, and slowly brought the gun up to his head. He had finally gone truly, and utterly insane. He lost Harley.

"I wish I could've done better, I really do." he said, shaming himself.

His finger slowly brushed up against the trigger. He squeezed his eyes closed, slowly putting down more weight on the trigger.

"Come on, J." He told himself. "Dont be a pussy. Pull the damn trigger."

He took in a sharp breath, and was about to shoot when Frost bust into the room.

"I know where Harley is."