27

J was sitting quietly in his room as they flew. He was rocking on the ground, cradling his custom designed gun that Harley had given to him. His eyes were staring at a spot on the ceiling.

He slowly stroked the gun, it gave him some closure. He was going to see Harley again, and everything would be fine.

You're kidding yourself. It won't be fine, it will never be fine. Just end it all now.

He slowly brought the gun up to his head, pressing it against his temple.

Do it.

J smacked his head with his free hand, trying to get the voices to go away.

You're useless.

J stopped, and pressed down on the trigger, very lightly. He heard the bullet unlock. Just a little more...and everything would be over.

He jumped as the door slammed open. Frost was frozen in shock from the scene unfolding in front of him.

"Boss...we're here."

J, still holding the gun up to his head, slowly pointed the gun at the wall, and shot. Frost jumped.

"Let's go." J mumbled, standing up and following his henchmen out of the jet. They had landed on top of the hospital, on the emergency landing platform.

They went down the stairs where they were on the top floor, the 15th floor. J opened every door he saw, but they all led to closets filled with medical supplies and machines.

"Hey, you can't be up here!" a male nurse yelled from behind them. J turned around and smirked, cocking his gun, and shooting the nurse in the brain.

From there, they made their way down to the lobby on the first floor, shooting anyone in sight.

J leaned over the receptionist counter, "Why, hello there. I was wondering where I can find Harley Quinn's room."

The lady never looked up from her computer. "Sorry, that's restricted information..." She said. Her face turned pale as she realized who she was talking to.

J smiled at her.

"I mean, of course...Ms. Quinn is in room 707." She stuttered.

"Thank you, sweets." J said, before shooting the woman in between the eyes.

"Seventh floor, room 707." J instructed his henchmen. They all made their way up to the seventh floor.

They trailed down the hall and made a right turn. Harley's door was the first one.

Sure enough, Harleys name was written on a chalk board hanging on the door.

J straightened out his coat, and took a deep breath.

This was it. He finally found Harley.

He didn't have to feel so alone anymore. J was finally getting his love back, his soulmate.

J nodded to Frost, "keep watch."

He began to slowly open the door, "Harley?"

J opened the door all the way, scanning the room. His stomach dropped, and he fell to his knees in heartache as he realized the room was empty.

The bed was bare, the sheets had been removed. Everything was neat and tidy, as if Harley had never been there.

She was gone.