26

"What happened, Harley?" Ivy asked, half covering her face back up with the mask.

Harley shook her head, "So much, it's just all a big blur."

Ivy began to unhook Harley from her machines. "What're you doing here?" Harley asked.

Ivy sighed, "Harley, they're going to send you back to Arkham once you're stable enough. We need to go, now."

"But, J-"

"Harley, you need to forget about him! If he wanted you back, he would've found you by now." Ivy snapped.

Harley's face turned pale, her eyes began to form tears.

Ivy's gaze softened. "Harls, I'm sorry. But you and I both know it's true.  Besides, we can finally be together." Ivy said, stroking Harley's cheek.

Harley pushed her away, "I can't."

"You...you can't!" Ivy shouted. "I busted in here, for you! I risked everything for you. I risked my safety. I love you."

Harley let the tears fall, "I...you dont love me, ivy. I...I have children now. They need me."

"You...you what?" Ivy squeaked. Having children wasn't part of her plan.

"Yeah." Harley smiled, "twins. A boy and girl. At least that's what Scarecrow told me."

"Scarecrow?" Ivy asked.

"It's a long story."

"Well...are you coming?" Ivy asked. When she saw Harley's smile disappear, she held onto her hand.

"It's up to you, Harls." She said, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "I just want you safe. You can't go back to Arkham, especially now. Your kids need you."

"I'll be fine." Harley said, "go. Before they catch you. Be safe."

Ivy sighed, kissing Harley's cheek, put the mask back on her face, and fled from the room.

A week had slowly passed by. Harley was recovering remarkably fast.

Harley was lying in her hospital bed, propped up by pillows, reading and humming quietly to herself. She jumped when the door was slammed open.

Several men in SWAT uniforms came rushing in, holding up their guns, aiming them at Harley.

She dropped her book, and held her hands up in surrender. "Hey, this is me being cool." She promised.

Another man walked in. He was wearing a SWAT uniform, but wasn't wearing the helmet, unlike all the other men.

"Harley Quinn." He said, his voice deep and scratchy.

"Whatdda want?" Harley mumbled.

He laughed, "I'm here to escort you back to Arkham Asylum." The man said, as the nodded to his men.

"What? No." She shook her head. "I'm sick, see?" She said, fake coughing.

A few men dropped their guns and slowly made their way to Harley, while others stayed in position.

"No. Stop! I'm not going back to Arkham!" Harley yelled.

Suddenly, they began holding down her arms and legs. She was unable to move.

"Help!" Harley cried out. She began to scream, but her screaming slowly died down as they shot her with a sedative, and she slowly fell unconscious.

___

Authors note: Hey everyone! I'm sorry this chapter is so short. I start school, and my job tomorrow! I've been job training for the past few days. I've also been super busy, which is why there hasnt been many updates.

I promise, soon, there will be more frequent updates. (More so on weekends.) But for now, I dont have much time. So once again, I'm sorry, but I'm working on it :)