Chapter 14.

Chapter 14.

-Ashton’s pov-

I woke up a little earlier than usual. Stephanie was still asleep in my arms. She looks so perfect when she’s sleeping. She looks like an angel and I would hate to wake her up.

Wait a second, what happened last night?

Oh yeah, Stephanie quit her job, and we came home and watched a movie, and Stephanie showed me her scars.

The scars from her dad.

*flashback*

I was out with my friend Michael. We were walking around and we were outside this club. I wanted to see what was behind there, because last time I went behind there, there was a girl who was tied up and I had to untie her. All I know is she said something about not wanted to get raped or something.

“Shh. I think I hear somebody.” I said.

Michael and I both tip-toed to around the corner. We saw a few guys who all had some kind of cigarette or drug in their mouth.

“What’s this girl’s name again?” one of them said.

“Stephanie.”

“And why do we have to get her.”

“Remember? It’s part of Richard’s plan.”

“Whatever. What does she look like?”

“She has hair that goes to her shoulders, its blonde colored and her eyes are brown. She has scars that go up her sides too, but that’s all Rich could tell me before he had to leave. Actually, he also told me she has two sisters but there’s a different plan for them.”

“What are we supposed to do when we get her?”

“Well, Rich has an escape plan, and we’re supposed to—“

Before we could here another word Michael fell and we both were in full view of the guys.

There were about 6 of them but they all looked to be in their early twenties.

“What are you guys doing here?” A guy walked up to us and got in my face. “Looking for fun?” he waved his cigarette in front of me. “Or do you just want trouble?” he blew smoke in my face.

“Scram and forget everything you’ve heard.” One of the guys yelled.

They guy standing in front of me pushed us both back and Mike and I fell. The other guys all started laughing at us. As soon as we got up we both ran back to Mike’s house.

Even though we were both 19 and 20, we knew we couldn’t handle those guys.

*end of flashback*

Whoever those guys were, they know a lot about Stephanie. And whoever this ‘Richard’ guys was, he wasn’t going to get anywhere near Stephanie. I know I kind of rushed into things, but I was scared that if I didn’t get a hold onto her soon she’d be in the hands of those other guys. I’ve got to learn that she likes to take things slower and since I’m kind of her first, she’ll be kind of scared.

I pulled Stephanie closer to me and kissed her head lightly. I knew that if I told her about any of that she would be really scared. I didn’t want her to be scared so I wasn’t planning on telling her anytime soon.

“Ash?” I heard Stephanie whisper.

“I’m awake.” I said.

She opened her eyes and looked up at me.

“What’s today?” she asked.

“Uh, Sunday.” I said.

“Ok. My sisters are coming home soon.” she sighed.