Chapter 5

"If you did it right the first time, then you wouldn't have to do it again," Leila said calmly. Cade growled and moved back over to start again with the mop.

Leila glanced around the front room, after getting rid of the filthy over-used area rug, it looked halfway decent. They'd pushed all the furniture aside to thoroughly clean the floor. Once satisfied he was doing it the way she wanted, Leila returned to the laundry room to switch the wash.

She was no stranger to chores; her mother was often harder on her than all her age-mates. She was in the kitchen helping with dinner four times a week, and all the other days she was on laundry and cleaning.

Leila set the warm clean towels on the fold-down countertop after a thorough scrubbing and started folding. It was a surprisingly functional, yet sadly underused laundry room. She could still hear Cade muttering angrily in the front room.

Leila had sent him into town for supplies. Logan had not commanded that he stay with her; otherwise, her Alpha command wouldn't have worked. The Alpha's always superseded the Alpha females'.

In truth... Leila couldn't figure out how the command worked. She'd only done it twice. Cade continued to obey her because of the threat that she might do it again. Her mother's lessons never got that far.

Not that Cade knew that though, and she fully intended to exploit it.

It only took one act of submission to become bound, and Cade had done just that when he allowed her on top. She was the only female in the pack and subsequently, the natural Alpha female. Especially with the affinity of her bloodline.

She'd also had him pick up groceries after she finished cleaning out the kitchen. Other than a large freezer chest in the garage full to the brim of freshly caught fish, they had next to no food in the house. She suspected most of their diet consisted of what they caught fishing and, from the number of boxes she removed from the house, some form of takeout.

There was a buzz in her sweatpants pocket from Cade's pilfered phone. Leila pulled it out. Logan's name was on the screen. She moved back into the front room.

"Here." She said and tossed it to him. He caught it, sent a nasty look in her direction, and answered it.

"What?" He said in an annoyed tone. She watched him curiously. She could just barely hear Logan's voice over the receiver.

"Yeah whatever..." He replied indifferently. There was another long pause.

"Just peachy." He replied again with a nasty drawl as his gaze shifted momentarily in her direction. Leila grinned. She had a feeling that little quip was about her. There was another pause.

"Fine." He said and hung up. Leila narrowed her eyes when he started slipping it back into his pocket. With an angry growl, he tossed it back to her.

"You're doing the bathrooms next." She said with a sweet smile and returned to finish folding the towels.

It was afternoon by the time they were through. Leila made her way back down the stairwell into the front room and paused to admire it. It looked completely different, and a lot lighter now without the dark dirty rug. The wood beneath was scrubbed clean.

Despite Cade's griping that he liked it that way, they rearranged the furniture so one could actually walk in a straight line without having to weave around in order to go from one place to the other.

Cade didn't look at her; he was back at his spot on the couch, angrily killing things on his ps3. Leila grinned and moved over to him. He glared as she blocked his view. After a short pause, she gently moved over him onto the couch to straddle him and sit comfortably on his thighs as she watched him curiously.