Chapter 20

Sami's POV:

After a few more minutes of Mel trying to convince me that Austin likes me, she decides to go talk to him. I probably shouldn't have let her go downstairs when she was so angry, but frankly, I just want some alone time so I can think. As soon as she closes my bedroom door, I grab my teddy bear from when I was a baby, curl up in a ball, and let the tears flow from my eyes.

***15 minutes later***

I hear a knock at my door and quickly wipe my eyes and head towards it hoping it's Mel with Austin's side of the story. But when I open the door, it's not Mel pushing through to get in, it's Dylan.

"Hey. Austin told all of us what happened....how are you?"

"How does it look like I am?" I didn't mean to snap at him, but it just came out rude.

"Look, I get that you're upset but you don't have to take it out on me."

"Sorry, I'm just upset.."

"It's okay. C'mere little sis," he says as he pulls me into a hug.

"What did he tell you?" I'm not sure exactly how much he told them and I don't want to say something Dylan hasn't heard yet that would make him mad.

"Everything. How you ran off. How he went after you. What he said to you." he leans back to look at me when he says that, and I can see the pity in his eyes.

I pull out of his hug and sit on my bed. "I don't want your pity, Dylan. You can leave if you're just going to look at me like that the whole time."

"Sorry. It's just....you've been in here crying for who knows how long. I'm worried about you. You kissed your idol and he told you he wanted to undo it. You ca-"

"No. He didn't say he wanted to undo it. He said we should pretend it didn't happen so it's not weird between us."

"That's the same thing, Sami."

"No it's not. They're completely different. He doesn't want to go back in time to undo it. He wants to leave it the way it happened and pretend it never happened. There's a huge difference there."

"NO SAMI. There's not. It's the same thing. You're just hoping it's not because you want him to like you. For once, could you please look past how "cute" you think someone is and stop protecting them. He was rude. Accept that. He shouln't have said that. He should've talked it out with you. That's what a real man would do. He shouldn't be downstairs with his friends. He should be up here with you wiping your tears. He's a jerk."

"STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT!"

"NO! I'M JUST TELLING YOU WHAT'S TRUE. HE'S FAKE. I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN LIKE SOMEONE LIKE THAT!"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!" I shove him out and slam the door in his face, locking it so he can't come back in.

I hear him stomp away and slam his own bedroom door at the other end of the hall and sigh. We haven't fought like that in years, and even then it wasn't that loud. I hate fighting with my brother, and that was just weird. He never yells at me. It makes me wonder what exactly Austin told him; maybe he said something else that made him super angry?

A few minutes later, there's another knock on my door. I hesitantly open it, scared its Dylan coming back to yell at me some more. But when I see who's on the other side, I'm shocked.

"Mom?!? I thought you were working today?"

"They let me go home early today. What's going on with everyone? Why have you been crying?"

"Um..it's a long story...I don't really want to talk about it right now."

"Fine," she sighs, "let me know when you do want to open up to your mother who's just trying to be there for you." And she stomps away just like Dylan. What the heck?