Chapter 9

London's Point Of View-
          "You did it to yourself." I repeat her and she sighs and nods. I was so confused as to why the f*ck she would do that. Winston asked before I could. "Why?! You have a good chance at an infection now!" He exclaims, he wasn't angry, he was worried. He didn't want to lose her, neither did I. CQ looked down at her fingers still drenched in her blood. "I-I don't know. It was like as soon as we saw the Silencer, it happened. Like an instinct." She says and we all started to realize. I moved away, my face in my hands. "London?" Winston asks. "We're going to die!" I exclaim with a humourless laugh. The two of them looked at me wide eyed.

        To be honest I would've thought I was crazy as well. "Jackie is off who the h*ll knows where, she's a f*cking psychopath! CQ is starting to be more tense and h*ll she's even ripping up her shoulder!" I laugh, but it was cold, a dark laugh I never heard before. "Look at me, I can feel t. The darkness, it's like rain. A few spits of water then boom a whole f*cking thunderstorm!" I exclaim as I glare harshly. "Jackie was good to run off, she was going to get us hurt even more. Don't try to disagree, I saw the relief on your faces when she ran." I hiss. Suddenly it was like I was lifted back up.

      "Oh god I'm going to be sick." I say and run towards the bushes. I heave, emptying out whatever I had and coughed. I move back over to them with watery eyes. "The Silencer is getting to all of us." I whisper as they nod. The darkness was going through all of us. We were drowning. Jackie had already drowned. Winston had fixed CQ's shoulder up enough and washed her hands. I hugged them both. "I don't want to fight, I just want to be happy and survive with you two for as long as I can." I whisper as I give them both a weak smile, and they give me one on return.

           "What about Jackie?" CQ asks us and I sigh. "Jackie tried to kill you two. I think it's safe to say, maybe it's best that's she's gone." Winston points out and CQ and I stay quiet, knowing he was right. Cut the weed off before it grows. I swallow softly. "We-should keep moving. We learned from past experiences it's not safe to stay in one spot." I whisper softly as I look at the two of them. We put out the fire and grab our small thing of supplies and some rock Spears, before starting to head around the area again.

          As we walked, I kept thinking about happy memories we all had. I missed that. For how ever long we've been in here, I missed the feeling of laying in my bed and joking with my friends over text messages.  The feeling of always knowing that we would be close. The feeling of not being hunted by a creepy *ss monster man, who's slowly making us go insane. My eyes slowly start to close and I stumble slightly. CQ catches me slightly, her body leaning on mine as mine leaned on hers. "We need sleep." Winston mutters.

             We found an open space and created another small hut. It was mostly a big cover that hung on a tree branch and kept us from dying of hypothermia. We all stay close together, not only for warmth but for safety too. None of us were sleeping, despite us all being tired. "I miss Jackie." I whisper into the silence and CQ and Winston mutter 'Yeah's' in response. "Remember how in grade 7 Jackie and you would always tease Winston and I." CQ asks and I let a small smile play my lips.

"Yes, and then the next thing I know. Jackie likes your other friend." CQ says and I stay silent. "Then when you guys would always take my stuff and just-The good days." Winston laughs softly. CQ and I break into small smiles. "There's just something really messed up with this." I sigh softly. "Everything about this is f*cked up." CQ corrects me and I nod. "I want to believe that everything will be ok, but it feels like it's just getting sh*ttier." Winston states and I nod in agreement. "I mean we're probably-Well I'm probably one of the most boringest people on the planet." I smirk. "Boringest isn't a word-" CQ starts to say but I hush her. Suddenly something over her catching my eye. "Holy-" I start and spin her around. "It's the-" CQ starts. "It's the cabin shack from the first night." Winston says with wide eyes. "Which means the exit is closer!" CQ says and I stay silent. Nothing is that easy, unless you want to get killed.

              I want to say I would rather die then continue to be mentally tortured, but I don't know if that's true. "Do we go in?" CQ asks hesitantly. I chew my lip in thought and look towards Winston. He nods softly. "Being out in the open is worse than stuck in an enclosed space. We can build it bigger,
More safe." He says, his low voice cutting through the silence. "I want to say, that the silence is comforting..." CQ starts and I finish for her. "But it's not." I say softly as I look at her. "Not anymore." I whisper softly. We move closer to the shack until we're standing right in front of it. "Alright well...Ladies first." I say to Winston and he gives me a sharp look before nudging me and walking in. CQ and I laugh, it get good. "Well he didn't necessarily disagree." She says and I laugh more. "Oh my god! Am I dating a woman?" She asks jokingly and I snicker. "Shut up you lil' sh*ts." Winston laughs from inside and we go inside next. The door was still down. "Do you think you can fix it?" CQ asks him and he narrows his eyes at the door, as if trying to decide if he could. "I think so...But not tonight. 2 of us will sleep while the other stays awake. We switch every 2 hours, deal?" Winston asks, CQ and I nod in agreement.

          I closed my eyes. I needed sleep and so did CQ, Winston was happy enough to let us sleep first. It feels like I'm asleep for only a few seconds before it's my turn. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes and stare out the door. I hum a song softly, calming my nerves. "Hey." CQ says as she sits beside me. "It's not your turn yet." I say and she nods. "I know, just thought you could use some company." She smiles softly and we both glance at Winston. "He's done a lot to help." I point out. She sighs softly, almost sad. "Yeah. I'm worried, he puts all his energy into his friends and never himself." She sighs and We both continue to look at Winston. "It's probably because you're his girlfriend." I tease softly and CQ breaks into a smile. I hear a snap and we both turn. The Silencer was a few yards away. But something was different.

      He had someone beside him. On the ground. "Holy sh*t." CQ whispers as I stand up and look closer. "It's-" I start. But I didn't need to say the name. We both knew.

It was Jackie.

A/N WOAH ANOTHER UPDATE YAYAYAYAY, Anyway. Thank you so much for reading this, t feels like I'm a billion chapters in, but actually only 9 in. Weird right? 😂 Anyway love you all, later fellow failures.