Chapter 9

I pushed open the door and every head turned towards me. What had they never seen a late person before?

“Sorry Sir, I was talking to Mrs Illingworth,” I explained as I handed him the note.

His eyes quickly glanced it before he said, “Very well Miss Miller. Take your seat quickly you’ve disturbed my class enough.”

I nodded and made my way to the back of the room and plonked down in my seat. “Hey Hunter,” I said smiling.

Hunter said, “Hey Autumn.  Did you have fun last night?”

My smile faltered, “What?!”

Now it was his turn to smile, “You and your friends. Did you have a good time last night?”

“How did you-” I was cut off.

“Miss Miller sorry to interrupt you conversation. May you please share with the class what seems to be more important than my lesson,” A very mad Dr Busfield said.

“Well you see sir I was just asking if Autumn here had a good time last night. I could hear her and her friends last night through the wall. They made quite a racket,” Hunter explained. My face went bright red as the whole class erupted into laughter. I slapped Hunter around the head. “Oi what was that for?” he questioned rubbing his head.

I just looked at him with a “really” expression.  “I always knew you liked girls better than boys Autumn. I’d watch it mate she’s a right handful!” Logan shouted from the front.

“Dude if she is it’s probably because going out with you scared her for life!” Hunter said, making the whole class laugh. Horror filled me as I watched as Logan’s’ face became red with anger. Sugar puffs he’s going to punch him! What in the name of sugar muffins have you  done Hunter? Your dead!! I thought silently wishing I could take back Hunters last words.

“Settle down class; believe it or not I actually have a LESSON to teach you!” boomed Dr Busfield.

Talk about timing!

He wasn’t finished tough, “I want to see you both at the end of class!”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry if it has got a bit ramberly, I hope it's not too bad though.

Han xx