You Pinky Promised Me Forever - Eighteen

I heard a phone go off from the living room but we both ignored it.

I was too fixated on Joshua to care otherwise.

Joshua grabbed my hand gently off his face into his, and then he grabbed my other hand. He lunged upwards pulling me with him from the kitchen floor. The room was still dark, but as time passed by my eyes adjusted and everything became recognizable.

Josh and I were close enough to be in an embrace of sort.

Too bad huh?

The heated close encounter left me absolutely breathless.

"To answer the obvious. Yes it is a scar." He said somewhat sarcastically. 

And then my breathing came back.

He's back.

Despite the fact that his personality definitely didn't ditch him, his hands still held onto mine.

 "Yea duh of course." I said, emphasising my stupidity.

My hands instinctively tried to pull back but he still held on strong not letting me go. I glanced upwards and noticed that he still stared down on me with those brown eyes.

Slowly, with sly movements, his long arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me in. Joshua only wore pajama bottoms, so you could understand why being so close to a guy will send all my senses into a frenzy.

"Are you cold?" Joshua asked.

I was confused at first but then I noticed that I was shivering lightly.

"I guess so." I snuggled closer to him, letting his body warmth draw into mine.

"I was about seven." Joshua started off saying, I gazed up with a perplexed expression. "Dad told me that Eli, Ryan and me decided to go to the park. Eli had this great idea that we should do tricks off the swing set. So Ryan dared me to do a front flip off of it. I think I didn't want to, but of course I couldn't chicken out. I did it, the front flip I mean."

He let out a sigh, "the landing, not so much."

One of his arms snaked loose and reached up to his forehead. He pulled back his hair revealing the scar. "One night in the hospital and fourteen stitches later, I was okay."

"So was there any side effects?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Nope." He replied.

So this accident wasn't the cause of the 'disspareance' of his memories.

"I'm sorry Anndraia if you thought that maybe that's why I can't remember anything." He said regrettably.

Joshua placed his arm back around me and pulled me closer, being in his arms felt wonderful.

I manage to bury my face into his chest while he rested his head on top of mine.

Then he tighten his hold on me.

I breathed in deeply.

He smells like citrus and vanilla.

I turned my head to the side and upwards and saw his face close to mine.

Maybe I should-

"What was that?" Josh asked.

"What was what?"

"I think I heard something."

I turned around and the stair lights were on. I heard Leia and Emma coming down the stairs giggling and hushing each other.