"Sure just anywhere they sell coffee".

My mom turns her left signal on and drives in the parking lot of a peculiar cafe. It's named something really weird that I don't even try to pronounce it or pay no mind to it.

"Need cash?" Mom asks before I get out of the car. "Nah. Do you want one?"

She wrinkles her nose shaking her head no. She's never really been a coffee person. Unlike me who lives and breathes coffee.

Walking in a strong coffee smell hits me. I get in line and look at the options above. Just as I'm reading at the different choices, I hear Dean's voice.

My first reaction is to gasp. At first I think my mind is playing mind tricks on me, but I look at the very first person in line and I see him.

His tall, broad, figure wearing a grey t-shirt with blue jeans. He's not wearing his leather jacket like usual.

My heart starts beating uncontrollably at the sight of him and I haven't even seen his face yet.

"Thank you." He says handing the lady behind the counter the money.

He takes a seat on the corner putting two coffee cups down. One of them must be Layla's. "Ma'am?"

I stop staring when the lady speaks to me. "Huh?"

"Can I help you?"

That's when I realize the person in front of me has already ordered. "Can I get a uh, cold iced coffee with sugar, please."

"Sure thing. What size?"

"A medium will be fine."

"Okay is that it?"

"Yes ma'am."

"4.70."

I pull out a five dollar bill from my pocket and hand it to her. She takes it and hands me my change.

I stand to the side trying to avoid getting caught by Dean. He would probably think in stalking him or something.

"Medium iced coffee?"

"Thank you." I reply taking the cup. Just as I'm about to walk away I bump into the person I've been both dreading and wanting to see.

"Sorry I-"

I freeze when my eyes land on Dean. He looks down at me with a surprised look on his face.

"It was my fault." He says.

"What?"

"I mean bumping into you was my fault."

"Oh."

I was hoping he would say it was his fault that we stopped talking. That we could go back to being friends and that everything would be like before.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

He looks at me again and my face starts turning red. "What're you doing here?" He questions.

"I wasn't following you if that's what you're wondering. I stopped on the way to ... my house."

"I didn't accuse you of following me."

My face only turns redder. "I ... uh."

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. I'll ... see you around." He says excusing himself out of my face.

When he walks away my heart is still beating so fast. It's pounding loudly in my ears. I can feel it.

No one has ever made my heart beat that fast. Ever.

>>>

"You look happier today." Seth says as he takes a seat in front of me. I shrug taking a sip of my almost empty coffee cup.

"You're definitely happier."

"What makes you think that?"

"Your eyes."

"My eyes?" I scoff.

"Yes. There's something different about them. They're glowing. Yesterday, they seemed very dull. What cause this spark to be lit again, Aj?"

The first thing that comes to mind is, Dean. Of course I don't mention it.

"That's none of your business."

Seth smiles taking his glasses off. He brings the tip of the gram to his mouth only smiling bigger.

"You're making this harder than it is, Ms. Mendez. It's okay though, I'll find a way to get though your walls."

"Doubt it."

"We'll see about that."