9

As all of this was happening at the base, back at the house things weren't going to well either.  Edd was on the verge of a breakdown and Matt was trying his hardest to calm him down.

"What if he doesn't come back this time? What if hes left forever?!" Edd was in his apartment crying on the living room floor. Matt was kneeling next to him.

"Don't worry Edd, I'm sure he'll come back... um.... wait....... Who are we talking about again?" Yup. This is Matt.

"TOM WHO ELSE?!" Matt flinched.

"Right sorry.... Tim....."

Edd sighed. "I'm sorry Matt, I didn't mean to yell...... I'm just so worried." Edd was whimpering, the tears flowing down his cheeks. Matt hugged him tightly.

"It's ok Edd, don't be sorry!" Edd just sat there and let Matt hug him. Matt pulled away and looked at Edd. Seeing him like this hurt Matt. It hurt him in a way he couldn't describe. "Edd look at me." Edd didn't move. Matt gently took his chin and tilted his his head up. "Tom is ok. This is normal for him. He leaves for a day or two then comes back. He's going to be ok. And so are you. So wipe those tears and come watch a movie, ok?" "Edd looked up at Matt and started crying more. "OH NO Edd I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it, whatever I said! I-"

"No Matt, it's ok." Edd wiped his face on his hoodie sleeve. "Your right about T- wait... You remembered his name!"

"I did? YAY! ........ Who's name?" Edd laughed and stood up. "Come on. You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Probably not." Matt stood up as well.

"Attack of the Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell 5?"

"YEAH THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT OK!" Matt cannon balled onto the couch and flipped on the tv. The movie was already in considering they had watched it about five times already.

"ILL GET POPCORN AND COLA!" Edd dashed into the kitchen giggling like mad.

"OK WHY ARE WE SHOUTING!?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Edd ran back to the living room with a cola and a big bowl of popcorn. He jumped onto the sofa, spilling popcorn all over the floor.

"I LIKE YELLING!!!" Matt screamed directly into Edd's ear. "Oh- uh"

"SO DO I!" Edd screeched back. They both broke into laughing fits. A small cat came and started eating the spilled popcorn. "Ringo, come 'ere!" The small cat hopped into Edd's lap, still chewing a piece of popcorn. Matt stroked the cat and the three settled down to watch the movie, all thoughts of Tam...... I mean Tom....... forgotten.