Chapter 12: The Angelic Angel Angelica

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah. I didn't have the keys to yours." John turned scarlet.

"Listen, I owe you an explanation," Angelica put a hand on the back of her neck.

"First change," John tossed her some clothes. "Eliza left these last night I think."

"Thanks," Angelica headed to the bathroom as John pulled out his phone to scroll through his feed.

Date with these ones!!! Maria's post had a picture of only her and Hercules, Peggy, and Lafayette. There was also a random waiter and waitress rolling their eyes at them in the background. So they really did ruin Eliza and Alex's night. John sighed and put the phone down. He rubbed his face with his hands.

I really messed up.

Where did I go wrong?

What will she tell you?

You scared of the truth, John?

Be the strong one, for both of you.

oOo

Angelica's POV

Angie slid against the door feeling tears at the back of her eyes.

You messed up.

It's your fault.

How can you tell him the truth?

Trust him.

No, he'll never love you if you tell him.

How do you know he won't understand?

"Stop it," Angelica whispered to the voices in her head.

She lifted the sleeves on her dress and looked at the marks. She was damaged. Why would John ever want someone like that? He wanted Alex. The perfect dude. Not her. Never her.

Angie threw some water on her face and changed into Eliza's clothes. It was only after she put them on that she noticed it was practically a crop top.

ELIZA STOP GIVING ME YOUR CLOTHES.

Angelica put on a shawl over her waist and walked out. John had his hands in his face and looked pretty tired.

"So," Angelica went over to sit next to him.

John looked up. "So,"

"Listen John, first off, thanks for everything. I couldn't face my sisters after what happened... there."

"Are we gonna talk about that?" John looked gently into Angie's eyes.

Angelica took a deep breath. "Just promise you won't... judge me or anything,"

John nodded.

Angelica slowly lifted her sleeves to reveal the thing that she never told anyone about, how she kept strong after everything.

The scarring and the cuts.

John's POV

John's breath audibly hitched as he saw Angelica's biggest secret.

"Y-y-you or someone else?" John felt anger rise in him. If anyone had even touched Angie, that would regret it.

"M-m-me," John could hear Angelica's tears behind her words.

John lightly touched the bruises but Angelica pulled her hand back quickly. John backed up.

"I'm sorry I-I-I shouldn't have," John looked incredibly flustered and confused.