Ch. 45 - Seoul City

Chaeyoung awoke to the soothing sound of Jungkook's heart beating beneath her ear. She wished she could lay there, in his comfortable bed with her head resting on his chest and his warm arm wrapped around her, for the entire day; but, she had a wedding (in which she was the maid of honour) to get to.

Slowly, she forced herself to open her eyes and tilt her head slightly to gaze up at Jungkook. A slow smile started to spread across her face as she admired him. From his slightly parted lips, to his tousled hair, and the way his long lashes framed his eyes so perfectly, everything about him was breathtaking. He looked so peaceful and relaxed as his chest rose and fell evenly with each breath. There was a boyish charm – an innocence – in his expression that made him appear even younger than he was. Knowing that she was one of the only people to see him like that made her feel honoured and incredibly lucky.

"Jungkook-ah," she said gently, brushing a strand of hair away from his eye. She felt bad for interrupting his tranquil state, but she had to leave and didn't want him wake up alone.

She wasn't surprised when he didn't budge at all. They'd been up till the early morning, sleep seeming irrelevant as making up for lost time became their priority. Sensing her own tired eyes and groggy state, she could completely relate to him.

Unable to resist, she raised her head and pressed her lips against his softly. This time he stirred a little, his bicep flexing against her back as he pulled her closer to his chest. He felt so warm and comfortable that for a split second, she actually contemplated skipping the wedding. But, the wiser part of her mind soon kicked in and convinced her to extinguish these thoughts.

With a disappointed sigh, she reached across Jungkook's body to grab her phone off the nightstand. When the screen lit up in front of her to reveal the time, her heart dropped and a loud gasp escaped her mouth.

11:38 am.

She was supposed to be in hair and makeup at 12:00 and the appointment was on the other side of the city. Jennie was going to kill her if she was even a couple seconds late, and Chaeyoung wouldn't be surprised if she immediately revoked her maid of honour rights.

Starting to panic, she tried to detangle herself from Jungkook, but his hold on her only tightened. She looked up just in time to see his eyelids fluttering open to sleepily stare at her.

She momentarily stopped stressing to smile at him as he adjusted to his surroundings.

"Good morning," she murmured, running a hand through his messy hair.

"Good morning, beautiful," he replied in his sexy morning voice that always made her weak.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked softly as he shifted his position slightly and brushed his feet against hers under the warm blanket they were sharing.

"Very well," he said, his hand gently stroking her back.

That caused her to smile wider, as she reached up to peck his cheek, "as much as I wish we could sleep all day, I have to go get my hair and makeup done for Jennie and Jimin's wedding."

"Noo," he groaned, locking his arms around her waist while she tried, but failed, to get up.

"Jungkook, I'm already late," she whined, struggling to free herself from his strong arms.

He groaned again, "can they get married another day or something?"

She laughed and smacked his chest lightly, "Jungkook."

Reluctantly, he finally let her go. But, Chaeyoung could feel his eyes on her as she slipped out from the covers to sit on the edge of his bed. She took a second to stretch her sore body and run a hand through her tangled hair before she stood up and walked over to the puddle of clothes laying on his polished floor. Sensing his eyes piercing into her back, she slowly pulled his t-shirt on and then threw him a knowing glance over her shoulder.