Ch. 33 - Babe

Still half-asleep, Chaeyoung stirred slightly as something strong pulled her close against a warm, hard surface. With a soft groan, she shifted closer towards the warmth that was such a contrast to the brisk air surrounding her. Another groan, this time a lot more pronounced, escaped her mouth as she felt a severe headache torturing her skull. Unable to remember where she was, her hands began to lazily explore the surface her head was resting upon.

Her hands came into contact with soft, cotton-like fabric that initially made her believe her head was placed on a pillow, but the area underneath it felt too firm, warm, and fleshy. And she couldn't figure out why a faint tapping sound was infiltrating one of her ears. She knew she'd heard that sound somewhere before, but it felt like a war was occurring between the compartments of her brain that wouldn't allow her to determine exactly what it was.

"You awake?" A familiar voice asked in a low, whisper.

She furrowed her eyebrows as her mind took several seconds to assign an owner to that voice. Finally realizing she was with Jungkook and identifying the warm surface as his chest, she hastily pulled away from him and opened her eyes wide. She immediately regretted that decision though, as the early morning light assaulted her eyes and intensified her throbbing headache, causing her to seek protection under the sleeping bag they were currently sharing.

"Ugh, can you turn the light off?" she complained, her mouth dry and her voice raspy.

He chuckled quietly before replying, "Chaeyoung, we're in a tent."

She groaned, still hiding under the covers and keeping her eyes firmly shut, "how did we get here?"

"We walked in," he said sarcastically, "how much do you remember?"

"Absolutely nothing after the second shot," she replied, trying to ease her headache by rubbing her temple, "how much do you remember?"

"Everything."

"Well, shit," she muttered, realizing he held all the power right now. It would have been much easier if neither of them remembered anything, because she was sure whatever she did last night was very embarrassing. Alcohol and Chaeyoung really didn't mix well.

With a deep breath, she asked the next question, already preparing for and dreading the answer, "what did I do?"

"I don't think drunk Chaeyoung would want me to disclose that information to sober Chaeyoung," he whispered.

"Jungkook," she groaned, not possessing the patience to tolerate his teasing.

"Plus, I think we should get up before your brother-" he began to say just as she heard Jimin – as if on cue – toss and turn beside her.

"What the fuck is this?" Jimin grumbled loudly, causing both Chaeyoung and Jungkook to freeze, Chaeyoung's eyes growing wide in fear as she slowly turned her head to look beside her. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest as she braced herself for his furious wrath and her mind scampered for valid excuses to explain their situation.

Just as she was about to open her mouth to defend herself, he said, "I asked for a 4-carat ring, not a fucking 3 and a half," before turning to face the opposite direction.

"Oh, thank God," Chaeyoung sighed in relief as she realized Jimin was sleep-talking.

After that scare, they immediately got up, disconnected their sleeping bags from one another, and carefully rolled Jimin back into the middle of the tent – where he was originally supposed to be. They stepped over the other bodies that were still fast asleep as they sneaked out. Before exiting, Chaeyoung grabbed a warm blanket and wrapped it around herself.