Ch. 27 - Hers

Jungkook groggily made his way through the lake-house he was currently trapped in with his team, a bunch of psycho Griffins, and Chaeyoung. He walked towards the kitchen, his stomach growling with hunger. His eyes grew wide when he opened the fridge door and saw several empty racks, with no food to fill them. When he reached a hand inside to test it, only warm air blew out. A sense of dread overcame him at the thought of being stuck in this place with no food or a working fridge. As if the trip wasn't bad enough already.

A short laugh sounded from the back of the kitchen, causing Jungkook to turn around.

"That fridge hasn't worked since the party we held in 12th grade," Jennie explained, an amused expression on her face, "but, don't worry. There's food in the coolers outside."

Jungkook chuckled, making his way towards the doors, "for a second I thought you Griffins dragged us all out here to starve us to death."

"That was definitely one of Jimin's suggestions," Jennie said, trying to suppress another laugh, "one of the least aggressive ones, that is."

They walked towards the campsite together, with Jennie leading the way and Jungkook walking at a respectful distance from her. A part of him expected Jimin to jump out of nowhere and go all protective-boyfriend mode on his ass for just looking at her, and although that would be a very amusing scene, he didn't want to cause any more misunderstandings than what had already been created. Especially so early in the morning.

"So, what happened in the 12th grade?" He asked when they reached the truck that contained the valuable coolers inside.

Jennie narrowed her eyes at him slightly with a semi-curious expression, as if she was debating whether or not he deserved to hear the juicy details of the story. She didn't answer immediately, focusing on opening the trunk of the truck instead and removing one large, blue cooler from it. Jungkook wasn't surprised to see how strong she was – he'd actually expected it given her reputation as a Griffin and her fierce aura. He didn't even bother to help because she didn't need it.

"Jimin, Taehyung, and I threw a graduation party for Chaeyoung here and somehow everyone on the East-side found out about it. We all got wasted, especially Chaeyoung," she laughed, recalling the memories, "she convinced all of us that the fridge was a vending machine that had stolen her money, so we all started kicking and punching it. Eventually, it toppled over and fell on someone's foot, breaking 4 out of 5 of the poor guy's toes. After that, we put the fridge back up and vowed to never speak of that night again. Our parents still don't know why it doesn't work."

Jungkook chuckled in amusement, "why didn't the Parks just buy a new fridge? God knows they have enough money for it."

"They wanted to, but we wanted to keep it as a memory. So, we convinced them that bringing food in coolers will add realism to our camping trips and make our experience more 'authentic'." She air-quoted.

Just as she finished her sentence, Hoseok and Yoongi walked towards the campground from the direction of the beach, laughing together. Jungkook and Jennie exchanged a shocked look as they observed them. Yoongi seemed ready to systematically murder all the Phoenixes, one-by-one last night, so this was very strange.

"Min Yoongi?" Jennie gasped dramatically, quirking a brow up playfully, "is that a smile??"

That caused Yoongi to finally glance up and notice the two of them staring at him and Hoseok.

"No," he denied, his expression shifting to his usual, stone-cold expression, "it was a scowl."

Jennie shook her head in disbelief, "no. That was definitely a smile. You were laughing with a Phoenix!"