Deck the Halls

>This is a Christmas special, so this will not affect the storyline! Have a good Christmas y'all<

"Come on! Come help decorate the tree!" Asriel called, laughing as he ran into the room with another box of decorations. Frisk laughed and ran to open the box with him.

Chara sighed as they got up from the table, "Jingle bells." You giggled, and they gave you a deadpan look.

"Dad, do you want a hand with those lights?" They grimaced, walking over to where Asgore was struggling to untangle the fairy lights.

Man, I can't believe how lucky I am. You smiled, staring into the flickering fire in the fireplace.

"Hey Y/n, are you alright?" Frisk smiled, walking up to you with their arms behind their back.

"I'm fine why?" You smiled.

"You're just staring into the fire, come have fun!" They giggled, producing tinsel from behind their back. They draped it around your neck and ran back off to Asriel. Chara and Asgore had finished untangling the lights and had started to put them around the tree. Asgore turned to you.

"Y/n, why not go into the kitchen and assist Tori?" He smiled at you, before going back to putting up the tree lights.

"Yeah Y/n, bring me some back!" Chara smiled at you. Sighing happily, you got up from the chair and went into the kitchen.

It smelt like heaven in the kitchen. There was a sweet aroma of smells you couldn't quite place, Toriel was humming a melodic, unfamiliar tune. It felt just like home.

"Oh! Y/n you startled me." Toriel chuckled softly as she turned slightly, "Did you need something?"

"Oh, I just came to see what you were cooking, that's all." You smiled, "The others sent me."

"Pie, I think everyone likes pie." She said, "Cinnamon and butterscotch. I added more cinnamon than normal, it's Christmas after all."

"I always did like your pies. Any of the pies free to sample?"

She laughed, "I suppose Chara, maybe Asriel want some? Tell them they'll have to wait."

"Will do." You chuckled and headed for the door.

"Oh, and Y/n, dearie?" You turned around.

"You know, Chara has been so happy since you two started dating. I wanted to thank you, it's really put a spring in their step I suppose."

"It's... no problem. I love Chara, I'm glad to see they're happy." You smiled, and left.

"Y/n! Did you bring us back any food?!" Asriel said excitedly, running up to you.

"Nope. Tori says you'll have to wait." You giggled.

"Aw, boo!" He laughed, running over to Frisk where they were hanging baubles, "Y/n come help us!"

Chara and Asgore were decorating the tree too.

"Did you bring me back anything from the kitchen?" They chuckled, kissing your cheek.