He Believed In You...

A thought occurred to her, and she turned back to save again. For some reason, she had a feeling in her gut that something was going to happen, and she should save while she could. Turning and rushing quickly back to the save point. Along the way, she caught a glimpse of a yellow petal disappearing into the ground. Guessing it must have been Flowey stalking her again, she raised an eyebrow.

She tapped the yellow star, and instead of the 'Determination' message, it had a new one for her.

'That comedian....' it said in red. Y/n froze. She remembered from the last run Frisk did - that Sans was the ultimate pun-master. Best to stay clear of him. She walked back to where she was before, and eventually reached a bridge.

"HUMAN!" papyrus said, ever-cheerfully, "THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND MOST DANGEROUS CHALLENGE! BEHOLD! THE GAUNTLET OF DEADLY TERROR!" Slowly, Maces and spikes, cannons, spears and sticks that were on fire appeared above and below her. Y/n blinked worriedly, but tried to keep a straight face around Sans. There was even a dog that was hanging down, tied to a piece of rope around its waist.

"WHEN I SAY THE WORD... IT WILL FULLY ACTIVATE! CANNONS WILL FIRE! SPIKES WILL SWING! BLADES WILL SLICE! EACH PART WILL SWING VIOLENTLY UP AND DOWN! ONLY THE TINIEST CHANCE OF VICTORY WILL REMAIN!!!! ARE YOU READY?! BECAUSE....! I....! AM...! ABOUT...! TO DO IT...!" Everything stayed exactly where it was. Sans' expression didn't change, but Papyrus looked slightly flustered.

"well? what's the hold-up?" he grinned.

"HOLDUP?! WHAT HOLDUP?! I'M..... I'M ABOUT TO ACTIVATE IT NOW!"

"that uh... doesn't look very activated"

"WELL......" "WELL... THEY'RE PROBABLY GOING TO WALK THROUGH IT! AND IT WON'T BE ANY FUN AT ALL!"

"hmm.. so this human thing was a bust, huh?"

"WELL... I MEAN... I'M EXCITED TO CAPTURE THEM... SO I'LL BECOME A FAMOUS ROYAL GUARDSMAN!!! BUT ALL THE TIME I PUT INTO THESE PUZZLES... IT'S KIND OF LIKE THROWING A BIRTHDAY PARTY..."

"without traps and fire?"

"EXACTLY!!!! IT'S POINTLESS!! MAYBE YOU WERE RIGHT TO BE LAZY ABOUT PUZZLES!"

"me? right about something?"

"YEAH! WHAT AM I SAYING? YOU'RE STILL COMPLETELY WRONG! I JUST HAVE THE WRONG AUDIENCE!  THINK HOW MUCH FUN UNDYNE WOULD HAVE!  FLAMES! VIOLENCE! IT'S RIGHT UP HER ALLEY! SO I WON'T WASTE THIS PUZZLE ON YOU! I JUST HAVE TO APPRECIATE... THE FRIEND I ALREADY HAVE!!!"

Slowly everything went away. Papyrus breathed a sigh of relief before continuing, "A VALUABLE LIFE LESSON!!! NYEH HEH HEH!" And again, he rushed off. Y/n stared at Sans, before walking further across the bridge.  

Just as she was moving on, Sans opened his mouth,
"Say...." Y/n turned towards him, but pulled out a knife as she remembered the warning, Sans chuckled at her and continued, "I've been thinking.... Seems like you're gonna fight my brother pretty soon." He closed his eyes and chuckled, "Here's some friendly advice. If you keep going the way you are now...." He opened his eyes, but darkened them, so the white pupils were no longer visible, "You're gonna have a bad time."

She swore one of his eye sockets was glowing a bright blue, and tried to attack him, but he disappeared suddenly before she could. Feeling paranoid Y/n walked away, the snow crunching under her feet being the only sound among the silence, until she reached a brightly-decorated sign saying 'Welcome To Snowdin!'

Y/n walked into the first shop. A notice appeared: 'But nobody came'.

She shrugged, and moved towards the cash register, and opened it - inside was 758 gold. Smiling and stealing it from the register, she slid it into her bag. Moving over to the drawers behind the counter, Y/n managed to find seemingly endless amount of bandannas, gloves, cinnamon buns, and bicicles. She quickly swiped the bandanna and tied it on the top of her head, to keep the hair away from her face. She also stuffed some Cinnamon Buns into her pockets, and some bicicles in her backpack and left.