Puzzles and Dog-fights

Y/n moved forward confidently, leaving a trail of dust behind her. The only sound around was the crunching on snow under her feet. No monsters moving, or talking. Nothing. As she moved along, she noticed another sentry post, but ignored it, guessing it was empty. Instead, a dog popped up, with a squeaky toy hanging out of his mouth.

"Did something move?!" It growled, looking around, "Or was it my imagination? I can only see moving things... Huh? Hey! I can't stop shivering all of a sudden..... who... who's there?!"

Y/n laughed happily as she felt her soul fly out of her chest. The dog held two daggers, one in each hand, and looked left and right. In a blur of movement, Y/n lashed out and cut the dog. Due to his shivering, however, the knife only slashed at his arm. She groaned, (but stayed perfectly still) and watched as Doggo waved his daggers around blindly. As soon as he realized nothing was moving, he stopped. But as soon as he did, Y/n rushed forward again and stabbed him. The dog let out a pained squeal, and turned to dust. She waited for the gold to materialize once more, before shoving it into her backpack.

As she moved around, she saw a snowman.

"Hello!" It said cheerfully. Y/n scowled at it, "I am the snowman. I love to travel, but I can't go anywhere. Will you take this piece of me and take it with you on your journey..?" She smiled and nodded, before grabbing a huge chunk out of the snowman. She got an idea, and took out another. And another.

"Stop, please!" The snowman cried. But Y/n only took out more and more, until it was nothing but a lump of snow and a carrot in the ground. She walked away, bored, and continued further on her journey.

Soon, she came across the skeleton brothers again.

"THAT HUMAN THOUGH!" Papyrus was saying, "DO I KNOW THAT PERSON??"

Sans smiled his usual smile, "do you not know, who you know?"

Papyrus looked slightly confused, but tried to play it off, "PBPBPPBPT!! OF COURSE I KNOW WHO I KNOW!! I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU KNOW! I KNOW WHO I KNOW AS MUCH AS I KNOW I KNOW WHO I KNOW! ..... YOU KNOW?" He looked pretty flustered now. But his mood cheered up considerably as he spotted her.

"OH-HO! THE HUMAN ARRIVES! IN ORDER TO STOP YOU... MY BROTHER AND I HAVE CREATED SOME PUZZLES! I THINK YOU WILL FIND THIS ONE... QUITE SHOCKING!" Sans smiled a bit wider, if he could. Y/n looked bored, and just walked across to the brothers. Half way there, Papyrus yelled,
"FOR YOU SEE, THIS IS..... THE, INVISIBLE.... UUUHHHHHH??? HMMM... YOU MUST BE HAVING CULTURE SHOCK!"

Y/n stopped, but tried to keep a straight face in front of Sans. For some obscure reason, she felt the need to appear emotionless in front of him.

"YOU SEE," Papyrus continued, "WHERE I COME FROM, IT'S A LOVING TRADITION TO SUFFER THROUGH HORRIBLE PUZZLES FOR NO REASON! SO, UH,"

Y/n walked right up to Papyrus, and looked up at him.

"J- JUST WALK BACK THERE AND......"

Papyrus sighed, "WHY COULDN'T WE GET A HUMAN THAT LIKES PUZZLES???" He then rushed off.

"it would make my brother happy if ya played along, kid." Sans sighed. Y/n rolled her eys and continued walking.

She continued walking, and walked over a bridge. She kept walking until she somehow came across the skeleton brothers again.

"HUMAN! I HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR..." Papyrus announced happily, "SANS! WHERE'S THE PUZZLE!??!"

"it's right there. on  the ground. trust me. there's no way they'll skip this one." He chuckled.

Again, Y/n walked across to the brothers and looked at them.

"SANS!!! THAT DID NOTHING!!!"

"whoops. knew i should've put down junior jumble instead."

"WHAT?! JUNIOR JUMBLE!??! FINALLY, SOMETHING WE CAN BOTH AGREE ON!" Papyrus rushed off.

"guess you don't like word searches, huh? me neither. i'm more of a funny pages kinda guy." Sans grinned at her. Y/n did not smile back, instead, she just walked off.

As she moved, she saw a plate of spaghetti lying on the table. But she ignored it, and instead walked over to the glinting yellow star that had appeared next to it.

She walked along, pulling the knife out and walking along solemnly.

"What's that smell?" One barked.

"Where's that smell?" Another asked in a higher pitched voice.

"If you're a smell..."

"Identify yoursmellf!"

The two dogs ran around, before standing either side of Y/n. She smiled.

"Hmm.. here's that weird smell.."

"It makes me want to eliminate.."

"Eliminate YOU!"

Again, the f/c soul flew out of her chest, like it'd done countless times. Y/n dived at the female one, and sliced across its arm. It shrieked loudly, and both of them started to attack.

Y/n dodged the attacks, before killing the female dog. This made the attacks of the male weaker (This technique actually works in-game!) and easier to kill. In one blow, the male one turned to a pile of dust, as well. She laughed and collected the gold, before striding forward.

All of the puzzles seemed to be pre-completed for her. Y/n found it strange, but she shrugged it off and thought no more of it.

She walked along, and eventually managed to come across the skele-bros. 

"HEY!" papyrus yelled cheerfully, "IT'S THE HUMAN! YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS PUZZLE!"

Y/n started walking across the grey tiles.

"IT WAS MADE BY THE GREAT.... ARE YOU SERIOUS? SANS!!! HELP!!! THEY KEEP WALKING THROUGH MY PUZZLES! THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO LET ME EXPLAIN THEM! THEN THREATEN AND BAFFLE THEM WITH DANGEROUS JAPES!"

"well maybe they don't like japes-"

"EVERYONE LIKES JAPES!!!"

"what about undyne? doesn't she hate puzzles?"

"SHE HATES PUZZLES, BUT SHE LOVES JAPES!"

"that makes sense..."

"HUMAN! WHAT DO YOU THINK? PUZZLES OR JAPES!!!"

Y/n stayed silent.

".....OKAY... THIS IS NORMALLY THE PART WHERE YOU EITHER AGREE OR DISAGREE. AND DEPENDING ON YOUR ANSWER... WE SAY SOMETHING GREAT IN RESPONSE ...."

She looked at Papyrus strangely- and thought to herself 'I wonder where the fourth wall went' 

"..... HERE, WHY DON'T YOU DO THIS PUZZLE YOURSELF" He then proceeded to slowly walk away. Y/n just shrugged and continued walking.

"hey," Sans said just before she left, "puzzles might be fun if you just tried them."

She kept walking with her head in the air, only stopping to save- and continuously murdering monsters that appeared, rarely. That is, until a certain armor-wearing dog popped out of the ground. It stood up to attention.

Y/n looked around, confused, as music started playing from somewhere. She tried to kill him, but it only took his health down to half, as the metal armor blocked it.

She tried to dodge the spear but it cut across her cheek, but thankfully wasn't deep enough to draw blood. Y/n hissed in pin, and lashed out at him again. He still hadn't died. Instead, the dog flopped onto his back, looking up at her. She stayed still, and the dog did nothing. She then looked down at him, and plunged the knife into its chest, smiling as she twisted it and pulled it out, covered in blood. The dog let out one final squeal of pain and terror, before turning to dust. She grabbed the gold and stuffed it in her backpack. A notice popped up, suddenly.

'Your LOVE increased! '

A warm feeling spread through her chest, and around her body. She smiled in delight. Then immediately after, hissed in pain as it healed the cut on her cheek. But she moved forward, nonetheless, to see what the brothers had in store for her next.