An Unexpected Meeting

THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY, PLEASE READ

---

Okay so you may notice that in this chapter, it may switch from third person to second person in a matter of minutes. Let me tell you that this was a mistake, but I seem to randomly slip into second person without being aware, and that I've written too much to just re-write it. PLEASE tell me whether you prefer second or third person, so I can watch out in the future.

This isn't important, but you may notice that I've changed Chara from female pronouns to they/them pronouns. I'll remove the notice from the first chapter that mentions I'm using Chara as a female. That's all, thanks for being patient, by the way.

--------------------------------------

"You... you're not Sans, are you?" Y/n chuckled, "Sans doesn't know I have a phone. He doesn't even know my number."

The voice didn't reply, but there was an awful lot of static. Chara looked curious. She shrugged and ended the call, putting the phone back into her pocket. As she pulled her hand out, for some reason, there was blue thread tangled around her wrist. Chara looked alarmed for a second, before smoothly switching to their normal expression.

"Hm? Where did that come from?" They said.

"I don't know, but it's so thick, I can't even see my wrist." Y/n shrugged and tried to find the end.

Chara looked concerned, "Maybe you should not."

"True," She said as they began to walk out, "But I don't get why it's here, and it feels like my skin is burning. Better use my knife." 

"How can you-" Chara paused as they watched Y/n use the knife to cut through the thread, "withstand all that pain without even screaming, yelling or crying?"

"The burning doesn't hurt. I can feel it burning, but I guess I'm numb to this pain."
Y/n froze, before showing their wrist to Chara. Branded into the skin was the number '404' in blue, spidery print. 

"I don't get it, Chara. What does it mean, and why is it there?"

Chara placed themselves on the guard station comfortably, before fishing Y/n's phone from her pocket. Turning it on and opening Google, they held the phone to the left of her wrist. Displayed on the page, was 'Error'. Only that.

"Error 404... wh-?" She read, alarmed at the 'coincidence'.

"Do not tell me you do not know what error 404 is?"

"No... it's when a webpage or something won't load, right...? I'm just... this is a weird coincidence."

"It is no coincidence, Y/n." They sighed, "now let us get ahead, we do not want the monsters to be evacuated by Doctor Alphys before we can kill them, correct?" 

"Yeah sure but.."

"Do not ask me about it Y/n, there is nothing you must know right now."
----

The two of you walked in silence, as you came across a waterfall. You groaned, before pulling off your boots and tights. Chara snickered as you sighed, picking up the items of clothing and tucking them under your arm as you waded through the water. Or at least, half way, before a random rock fell and hit you on the head. Hard. You called for help, before blacking out, and falling..

You called for help.

And Chara came.

They quickly teleported down- using their demon powers- and grabbed your falling body. Of course, due to their turning into a physical body, their knees buckled slightly on impact. They grabbed your clothes with a spare hand, before laying down your body and clothes as she checked for bruises, or signs of blood.

A small trickle of crimson liquid leaked down from your head and onto your forehead. Chara thought it was more likely for you to get a bruise, but then remembered that the rock hitting you had had a slightly blue glow to it. They swore silently at Sans, who seemed to be trying his very best to stop them, more than he would normally.

---Meanwhile, in your mind -----

"Urgh, where am I?" You groaned, rubbing your head slightly. You stood up and looked around, you seemed to be in the cliche black folds of your mind. You pondered why you were in your mind in the first place, but nothing came to mind. It was fitting, seeing as you were in it.

"Hey, kiddo." A New-York sounding voice echoed. You faintly recognized it.
"Hey, you're looking the wrong way. I'm over here, heh." Now you were sure. It was Sans who was speaking.

"Sans? The hell are you doing in my mind?!" You yelled, turning to face him. He seemed to be leaning against nothingness.

"heh, listen here, kiddo." his eye started to glow the unmistakable cyan, "Reset. Do it. or else, you're gonna have a bad time."

"So what, Sans? I'm doing genocide for a reason. I like being able to control the fate of everyone. Why do you care? You don't try this hard to get rid of Frisk when they do the genocide route." You scowled at him, and he chuckled.

"Well, you are a glitch after all. I don't really want to spare you, but I don't fancy seeing the rest of my friends turn to dust in front of me."

"Well," You yelled at him, "how about actually doing something, then?! All you ever do is sit back and watch! Why don't you ever do anything?! Huh?! Why don't you?! And why do you care so much Sans, and then stand by and watch?! Who is the real monster here, me? or you?" 

"Hey, chill. We wouldn't want anything unexpected to happen to you, right?"

"This is all just a stupid game! Stop it!" You screamed at him, loosing it for a moment. Sans froze. "You're just lines of code! Of course I'm a glitch! This isn't even supposed to be happening! I was created by a hacker! I know this! this world is programmed to do things! But since I'm here, there are no rules! You could just kill me right here and now, and you know it! So why don't you?! Just go, kill me and get back to your precious Frisk, and your perfect lives!"

---------

Chara's POV

Jesus Christ... the hell, Sans? At least have the respect to stare into their soul as you kill them. I mean, maybe you prefer the brutal ways of subtly slamming a rock onto their head, but still! I mean, you could be cold, and get revenge or whatever, but noooo, you just feel the NEED to slam a rock onto their head!

Ah, well I suppose I should clean the rest of the blood off, it looks like she's waking up.