68. Romeo + Juliet (Act 1)

Start from the beginning

Oddly I had expected a darker sketchier location, I was almost prepared. The thing was, though the room was beautiful- no denying that, it was twice as terrifying as anything I had experienced from before.

What the hell was I doing here? It surely isn't the old abandoned building from earlier. But what made my heart almost jump out of my own body and my skin crawl to its deepest end was the sweet melodies being heard faintly. Music was playing, perhaps classical- I wasn't sure, it was hard to listen.

"Fuck," I muttered while the music was overheard quietly. I began with a strong force, moving my arms in hopes to break free of my wrists held to the bed's headboard. The rope tied tightly around my skin could most likely be no match, it looked old and almost rotten after all. Attempt one. Fail one. I tried again. Attempt two. Fail two.

I tried a third time hoping three times a charm, fail. "No please, no... shit shit shit." I felt the air within my lungs almost being cut off as my feet kicked against the mattress. I was on the verge of holding back tears. "Stop being a little bitch, Mia. Fucking stop." The steaming almost fire burning blood that I felt pumping all throughout my body had seemed to cool as I did. Focusing on my patience and strategy, I tried again.

My teeth would not work even if I tried, even in a miracle. I would not be able to reach. I kept the thought of the rope's appearance looking almost rotten into my mind as I began with one wrist, moving it constantly believing that maybe by a chance the headboard wood would cut through the rope.

And it was working. It was fucking working.

The rope was cutting, slowly but surely. I laughed subconsciously at the sight I was witnessing, however, that moment was short lived when the door of the room flew open in a sudden strike. I stopped in action and my head rose in the moment.

It was a girl. She had a black box in her arms, quietly she stood by the doorway. She looked young, had to be around the same age as myself. Her features were beautiful, model like. Her long dark curls fell behind her back as her skin along with her eyes glowed. But she did not say a word.

So I did, "Hey, hey- you! Help me! I don't know where I am and I-I-I need to get out of here. I need to find my boyfriend, please. He's got green-hazel like eyes- brown hair and—"

"I know who he is," the girl spoke with quite a foreign accent I had never heard before. I couldn't quite guess either, that was the least of my concerns. "Austin."

"Yes, yes... Austin! That's his name!" I nodded in the process of my body trying to lean forward in reaction. "Where is he? I need you to untie me and take me to him."

"I can't." Her lips formed a straight line, and spoke on her part, almost as if she wasn't talking from orders. And maybe she wasn't.

There was a pause, I furrowed my brows and shook my head.

"No, you don't understand–" I insisted.

"No. You don't understand, Miss Mia. I cannot take you to Mr. Austin."

Nostrils flaring, I stood from the bed. I was able to taste the flavor of blood still in my mouth like an old friend paying a visit. "Stop fucking speaking like that. I need to see my boyfriend! Take me to him. Where the hell did you bastards take him?!" I yelled as tears came down like rain covering my face, my voice trembling yet strong.