~bone marrow~

"Wanna help?" Clarke asked with a devious smirk. I instantly agreed. I wanted out. Out of this dangerous military base that is trying to kill us. We wandered down a few long dark hall ways. Clarke found a class room, it was empty meaning the kids were probably eating lunch or something so we had limited time. She looked in little boxes for something to help us get out. I walked over to the teachers desk and sorted through papers. "Clarke! I found a map of the mountain!" I whisper-screamed. Clarke walked over to me. She looked at the map closely. "This is our ticket out of here" Clarke said excitedly.
We walked back to the dorm room as if nothing had happened. "don't tell anyone please." Clarke said at the doorway. "Apollo, where have you been?" Monty and Jasper asked worriedly. "I was with Clarke. Why?" "We-we just thought mountain men grabbed you or something. Plus, if we get outta here and you're hurt, Murphy will kill us." Jasper giggled as he was on his knees at my height. "If he's alive, that is." Miller said sitting on a near bed. I glared at the older boy. "Sorry, sorry" he said putting his hands up in surrender. I started to think of what he said. What if Murphy isn't alive? "Ignore that, Murphy is too stubborn to die." Monty giggled. I smiled at the comment. Jasper stood up and started to talk to Maya. I looked over at an upset looking Monty sitting on his bed. He didn't catch my gaze, so I decided to scare him. I tiptoed behind the talk boy. "RA-" I screamed trying to flop on Monty. But he turned and pinned me to the bed. "Ya know you sniffle a lot right? I could hear you from over there" he giggled. "But, you should be punished for attempting to scare me." He said raising his eyebrow. "No, Monty don't- " I said knowing his next action. Before I could ask for mercy again he tickled my sides.
"Monty! Stop!" I laughed. He laughed and finally answered my screams and stopped. He sat next to me. I playfully punched him, trying to catch my breath, still laughing. "Hey Apollo.." Clarke called from across the large dorm. She waved me over and I went and sat on her bed. "Here's the plan. You and I will try to sneak out tonight. We will find Bellamy and figure away to get you all out." She explained. I nodded nervously.
--------
Night fall came fairly quickly. Clarke told me to rest for a while and she would wake me up when it's time. I was sleeping soundly, until I felt someone's tight grip on my arm wake me up rudely. They wore one of the scary hazmat suits. "C-Clarke?" I asked the mysterious person. They didn't answer. The person dragged me out of the room. I looked back and I noticed Clarke sitting with her back turned from the door studying the map. "Clarke!" I yelled. She turned, her eyes widening at the sight of me being dragged. Clarke ran to the door but the person ran faster. The person turned out to be the presidents son. He ran into a surgery room and locked the door. "What do you want from me!?" I screamed as he tried setting me on the operation table. His strength was 2x stronger than mine and he accomplished getting me restrained. I struggled against them trying to get free. "Your bone marrow" he smirked evilly at me. "What do you mean?" "My people can't go out in the sun because of radiation, your blood can help us." He said. He grabbed his drill. A loud alarm started to go off. "Guess I gotta hurry" he said pushing the drill into my skin. My shrieks shrilled through the room. It was the worse pain I've ever felt. My blood started to spill out of the cut. He grabbed a tube and filled a bunch of them with my blood. Suddenly, Clarke busted through the room. I blacked out as I saw her fight the man.
-------------------
I awoke with blurry vision. Once my eyes finally went back to usual, I saw a worried Monty and a teary-eyed Jasper staring at me. "Ow! W-Where is Clarke?" I said trying to sit up. "L-lay down little one. Clarke said to tell you, that she went without you, she said you were too weak to get out without dying." Jasper said putting a hand on my shoulder. I was silent at his words. Clarke left without me. "Ugh! I was supposed to get out of here!" I said angrily, covering my face with a pillow.
Jasper hugged me. "I hate it here." I said almost crying. Monty realized how much I wanted out. "I'll help you." He said to me. " we can talk to maya and she will help." He said seriously. I smiled. I sat up and hugged him, even though it hurt. A lot. "Thank you Monty" I said, my voice cracking from turning sick. Monty felt my forehead. "Angel, you're burning up!" He said after taking his hand off. I stared at him for a minute. "My mom used to call me that." I told him. "I know, you told me in tutoring before." He smiled. "Hey let's go eat breakfast" Harper said standing at the exit. Monty looked at me for a moment. "Want me to bring you back food?" He asked. "Me too, I'm not leaving her side." Jasper said sitting next to me. Monty smiled leaving the room with Harper. After everyone left, Jasper started playing with my little fingers, kinda like Monty did. "A, I'm so sorry." He said almost crying. "For what? You didn't do anything." "I promised I would protect you, I failed." He said staring at the floor. "Im fine Jasp! I'm alive, I'm okay." I said smiling. "You're not okay. You're sick and you can't even walk. You almost died." He said hugging me. "Jasp, I'm okay. I'm fine. Don't blame yourself. Please." I said looking up at him. Monty came in and dropped off our food. We are and then Maya walked in. Jasper sat next to me and Maya sat at the end of my bed. She tried to touch me and I flinched. "What's wrong A? You scared of Maya?" Jasper giggled. I glared at him. "Sorry, I forgot Jasper said you're sick. You probably don't wanna be hugged." She said smiling awkwardly. I gave her a dirty look. I didn't like Maya. She was apart of the Mountain Men, and I felt she would hurt Jasper. Jasper and we left the room to talk. Leaving me alone. Just me and my thoughts. I noticed a little wire hanging out of the table beside my bunk. I opened the drawer and there revealed my blue headphones and my MP3. I almost screamed.
I moved my curly hair out of my face and slid on the headphones. I clicked a button on the mp3. No music played. I clicked it again. Nothing. "Ugh!" I screamed tossing the blue electronic across the room. "What did the MP3 do to you?" Monty said giggling as he walked over to me. "The only thing I had left, broke." I huffed. Monty looked at me. "Ya know, that isn't the only thing you have." He smirked. "You have me, Jasper, Harper, Murphy, Bellamy..you aren't alone A." He said holding my hand. His words made me smile. "I guess you're right, I'm sorry." "No need to be sorry, just remember you're not alone." Monty smiled.
The rest of the day flew by fast. Jasper and Monty coming to check on me. Me being bored out of my skull. Then suddenly Maya and the boys walked to me. "We think we can connect to Ravens radio to see if they can communicate" Jasper said laying on my bed. A big smile grew across my face. Then it left quickly. "How?" I asked. "There's a secret radio my father built in the library. I-I could show you.. if you want." Maya said to me. I nodded at her and she smiled. Maybe she wasn't so bad. Monty walked in with crutches and helped me stand. We walked quietly for the other kids that were already going to sleep.
We finally got to the library. We flipped through channels trying to find a signal but nothing. My hope started to get lower like a battery. "I can fix it." Monty said looking st us. "Might take a while though." He said. I rolled my eyes a bit. False hope. "I should probably get back. Harper wanted to braid my hair before lights out. Maya lightly smiled at me. "I'm sorry Apollo, good night." She said to me. I fake smiled. "Good night Maya."