0.07

"Brass, how much longer? It feels like we've been in here for hours." Presley complained from the seat beside me. He was right, it had felt like we had been driving for at least two hours.

"Hush, we've barely been in the car for a half an hour. We're almost there." Brass informed without looking off the road as we began to enter one of the bigger towns near ours.

The thick brush, trees, and shrubs of the countryside quickly began to turn into a small rural town. When I say small, I mean only slightly bigger than our own town. 

"Really Brass, what does this shitty town have that our shitty town doesn't?" Evan turned to Brass, slightly annoyed we had wasted some of his money on gas to get here- and for what?

"Two things my friend." Brass smiled, not phased by any of our negativity. "A fields and a thrift store."

I only rolled my eyes at Brass in response. Give it to him to think of the cheapest way to change my wardrobe, at two of the shittest clothing stores invented. 

By this point, I finally began to realize how weirdly quiet Kai was being and when I looked over to him beside me, I found him asleep on my arm. How I didn't notice earlier beat me but looking at the bags circling around his eyes, I knew he needed it. So I didn't bother waking him up yet.

It was weird to me, almost every occasion that involved Kai, he was sleeping. Obviously, he had very bad sleeping habits and likely went out every night of the week.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I began to hear the familiar faint whimpers again. Looking down, I found Kai with a frown etched on his face and his eyes were scrunched up in distress.

I didn't want to wake him up again when I knew he'd only be in an asshole mood again, not to mention how much he looked like he needed his sleep, But from past experiences I knew if I didn't wake him up it would only get worse.

I glanced around and made sure none of the boys had noticed what was going on yet and quickly made up a plan in my head. 

Softly I began humming the song that was playing on the radio throughout the car. As concealed and stealthy as possible, I grabbed Kai's hand and began to rub circles with my thumb on the back of his palm. 

The entire time doing so, I kept my eyes on the boys to make sure they didn't notice what was going on. I didn't want to go through explaining myself. Luckily, the boys were all too engrossed in a conversation about some new movie to notice.

I watched as Kai's whimpers began to subside and he actually began to sleep again. Feeling proud of myself, I smiled towards the floor. 

Soon later we arrived at our first destination, fields.

Somehow Brass thought we'd be able to find better clothes than what I already have. 

I followed Presley out of the car as everyone else began to slowly climb out and stretch their legs. Kai looked the most out of it from all of us. His eyelids still heavy and hair everywhere, he almost looked like he didn't know where he was.

"What happened to you Kai?" Brass turned to Kai before he patted him on the back of the neck which seemed to knock some of the tired out of him. "I didn't hear a peep out of you the entire ride." 

Kai yawned while stretching his arms out. "I had a really good nap." He smiled and secretly, so did I.

"Well you better wake up kid, we've got shopping to do." Brass smiled before leading us all into Fields.