0.02

"Aw sweetheart, cat caught your tongue?" He laughed. "I guess nobody's ever told you how bad your singing is either."

I laughed, taking him by surprise. "Actually nobody ever had big enough balls to say it to my face."

"What can I say, I have big balls." He laughed, taunting me even more.

"Not for long." Was all I said before I lunged for him, only before my nails grazed his face to be pulled back by both Brass and Presley.

I thrashed in Brass' arms for a moment before giving up and pulling away from his grasp roughly. He only let me go once he was sure I wouldn't lunge again.

"Who's this?" Brass questioned to Presley as it was obvious they came here together.

The mysterious boy just continued to silently laugh, not bothering to introduce himself while the crowd slowly began to disperse.

"This is Malachi-" Presley started, only to be cut-off by the boy next to him.

"Kai"

My pale, blonde best friend simply rolled his big blue eyes at "Kai", not happy to be cut off in front of his friends.

"Sorry, This is Kai." He turned to Kai looking for approval but Kai only just turned away from him, looking me dead in the eyes. "He is my-"

"Cousin." Kai interrupted again only to make Presley glare at him.

"Would you stop interrupting me?" He yelled at Kai and in response Kai only just stared back at him glaring. "Kai's going to be living with my family for a while."

"Right." Was all Brass said before I jumped in.

"So if Kai is such a know it all with music, why doesn't he come to one of our practices and show us a thing or two." I challenged, still entirely pissed for what he said.

By the look on Kai's face, this seemed to piss him off greatly. I watched as his nose slightly flared and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I. Don't. Do. Music." He pressed each word slowly before stalking off.

As we all watched his figure disappear deeper into the party, all of us couldn't help but stand there confused.

"What was that about?" Brass laughed while scratching the back of his neck. It was obvious he was just trying to break the tension even though he was just confused as the rest of us.

"Beats me." Presley shrugged.

Presley is the drummer in our band and besides Brass, one of my closest friends. He has bleach blonde hair that he swears is natural and extremely pale skin that made his pale blue eyes standout even more.

I took in what he was wearing, a blue flannel and black jeans. He looked cute as always. Much better than that Kai guy.

"Why is he staying with you anyway?" I sneered at the thought of him.

"Well, uhm." Presley paused, his forehead creasing in confusion. "His parents are, uh- traveling." He nodded to himself. "Traveling."

"You good buddy?" Brass laughed and slapped Presley on the back.

"Oh yeah." He laughed, pulling me in with his arm for a group hug. "Just a little too much to drink already."

"In that case, let's party." Brass sang.

About an hour later into the party Brass and Presley had both wandered deeper into the party while I sat busy with the guitars trying to retune them.