0.09

"Scout, hows that song going?" Brass asked me while in the middle of switching out Evans guitar strings. "You know there's no way we can even go to that audition without an original song." 

I sighed, I knew he was right, but I also knew I barely even had a sentence done in the song. 

"I've been lacking-" I paused, thinking of the right word. "Inspiration." 

Before Brass could even reply, Evan came barging into the main door of Presley's garage, looking rather flustered. 

Evans usually clean-cut hair was devilishly out of place, eyes and breathing wild, while his clothes looked so messed up, I would've thought he just slept in them. 

"Woah, Woah, are you okay?" Presley was the first to ask while cautiously approaching Evan, leaving Kai with the guitars after hours of trying to teach him more. 

None of us had ever seen Evan look so feral, coming from a super conservative family he's always been trained to be polished and proper. 

"I was so excited about our audition, I just had to tell my parents." Evan sighed, his wild composure slowly transforming to sad. "I wanted them to be proud of me, I was so excited, I thought they would at least try and be excited for me." We all nodded for him to continue. We were all very aware none of this parents had ever been very supportive of his music. "They kicked me out." 

Evan sat down on the steps of the front entrance of the garage, head in his hands while we all stared at him surprised. 

We had all known none of his parents really supported his dream of music, but we never thought it would get in the way of them loving him. 

"You're always welcome here." Presley pushed, putting a hand on his back for comfort. "It might be a little cramped with you, me and Kai but we can make it work." He tried to make Evan feel better. "Hey we can even kick Kai onto the floor, I'm sure he won't mind." 

"Or we kick Presley to the ground." Kai interjected. 

"And I always could use another guy to help me take back my house overrun by females." Brass joked. 

"We also have an extra bed at my place from when my sister used to live with us." I smiled and grabbed Evans hand in comfort before sitting beside him and resting my head on his shoulder for comfort. 

"Thanks." Evan horsely let out. I knew he wanted to say more but he couldn't without breaking down. 

"I say we go get ice cream in prep for our gig tonight." Brass clapped, attempting to bring us all out of Evans sorrows. 

We all nodded in agreement before moving to all go get our shoes and jackets. 

"Woah woah," Brass grabbed my arm before I could walk away. "I think you need to go find some inspiration for our song." I sighed, knowing he was right. "And bring Kai with you." 

"What why?" Both Kai and I questioned. 

"Because I can't afford to buy all of you ice cream." He rolled his eyes before pushing both of us out the door. 

Click Click

I could quickly feel myself becoming more agitated, my journal in front of me filled with all my songs, blank.

Click, Click

How was I supposed to focus, when all I could do was focus on the annoying clicking from beside me. Not a single one of my angry glares had given a hint.